Implant Prosthodontics Workshop
For Dentists and Technicians
|Format:||Lectures & Workshop|
|Date:||Monday 16 & Tuesday 17 September 2013|
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm (Registration from 8:30am day one) - includes full day's catering|
|Venue:||Sebel Surry Hills, 28 Albion Street, Surry Hills|
This two-day limited attendance workshop has been designed for clinicians and technicians who already have basic training and clinical experience in implant restorative dentistry and who would like to improve their knowledge and practical expertise before taking on more complex cases. Please inform your technician.
Upon completion of this course the clinician will have enhanced knowledge in the principles and practicalities of the prosthodontic management of a variety of cases and an understanding of how to achieve more predictable results.
The program is an intensive, small group experience with numerous practical sessions to familiarise participants with a range of treatment options and componentry choices. The full range of restorative options available today for single tooth and partially edentulous cases will be discussed in detail during the hands-on abutment selection workshop.
There will be discussions on management of complications during treatment and appropriate protocols for implant maintenance at the completion of a case. Participants are encouraged to bring relevant patient records from their own practices for use in case assessment and treatment planning sessions. These records can be either potential, current or completed implant cases. Surgical management topics will be discussed on request.
Prerequisite: attendance at approved hands-on introductory implant training, such as our Osseointegrated Dental Implants 3-day course. Participants will be required to bring some instruments and materials.
- Pre-operative clinical assessment
- Treatment planning protocol and documentation
- Coordinating surgical and prosthetic stage
- Radiographic assessment
- Fixture impression at Stage I surgery
- Reconstituted cast for temporary crown at Stage II
- Update on current single tooth and multiunit componentry
- Platform concept: narrow, regular, wide
- Abutment selection workshop
- Impression procedures
- Provisional restorations
- Master cast with soft tissue section
- Torque controller
- Communication with laboratory
- Cementation - intraoral and extraoral
- Combining teeth and implants as bridge abutments
- Practice management