The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) is responsible for the following areas:
- Educational Innovation
- Strategy, Policy, Analytics and Administration
- Academic Enrichment
- External Engagement (Education)
The group provides integrated professional development and support for all aspects of learning and teaching as well as educational oversight of learning and teaching infrastructure.
- Director, Educational Innovation: Prof Adam Bridgeman
- Arts & Social Science, Education & Social Work, College of the Arts, Conservatorium of Music (Team contact: Sue Atkinson)
- Agriculture & Environment, Science, Veterinary Science, Engineering and IT (Team contact: Rick O’Connor)
- Business, Law, Architecture, Design and Planning (Team contact: Mark Henderson)
- Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Health Sciences (Team contact: Ruth Weeks)
The SPAA team supports: education strategy and policy development and implementation, including educational requirements for infrastructure; educational quality assurance and analytics; educational integrity; and portfolio administration.
- Graduate Research (Director: A/Prof Ross Coleman)
- Education Strategy Implementation (Director: A/Prof Peter McCallum)
- Quality and Analytics (Head: Dr Kathryn Bartimote-Aufflick)
- Administrative Support (Manager: Ms Sadhana Raju)
The group provides co-curricular support for students in the areas of communication (Learning Centre) and mathematics (Mathematics Learning Centre) and works collaboratively with faculties to embed communication and mathematical development in the curriculum. The Statistical Consulting Service supports staff and HDR students.
- Head and Learning Centre Team Leader: Dr Bronwyn James
- Maths Learning Centre Team Leader: Ms Jackie Nicholas
- Statistical Consulting Service Director: Dr Alun Pope
This team will engage with community and industry partners to provide education-focused coordination, relationship management and facilitation services to faculties and operate under the direction of a Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education – Enterprise and Engagement), reporting to the DVC Education and working closely with the Vice-Principal External Relations.
- Pro Vice-Chancellor: To be appointed
- Executive Director: Jane Oakeshott