Master of Learning Sciences and Technology
... for professionals
The Professional Stream of the Master of Learning Sciences and Technology program provides professionally relevant, research-informed courses at an advanced level for people who are currently working, or wish to work, in the field of e-learning. The program offers a Masters, Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Learning Sciences and Technology.
Participants are encouraged to incorporate their professional experiences into their studies and, in turn, enrich their workplaces through newly acquired expertise. Students solve real-world problems in the context of professional case studies and gain hands-on experience with a wide variety of technologies, including web-based collaboration, games and simulations, podcasts, XML, IMS and learning informatics.
As a professional eLearning Master's degree from Australia's first university, the Master of Learning Sciences and Technology doesn't just teach the basics. Taught by international experts in the learning sciences, it provides unparalleled insight, tools and research-based strategies that allow its graduates to confidently take on roles of leadership and expertise in the industries of eLearning and digital education.
This unique qualification has acted as a stepping stone to success, promotion and new career directions for many of our graduates. See our graduate profiles to find out more.
Professional-stream master's candidates must complete eight units of study, consisting of:
- 5 units of study of core units; and
- 1 unit of study of elective units; plus
- 2 units of study of capstone units from the units of study table below.
- Foundations of Learning Sciences (EDPC5021)
- Design for Learning (EDPC5022)
- Innovations in Learning Technology & Practice (EDPC5023)
- Systems, Change and Learning (EDPC5024)
- Evaluating Learning Tech. Innovation (EDPC5012)
- Learning Technology in Education & Practice (EDPC5003)
- Learning Technology Research Frontiers (EDPC5025)
- Learning, Knowing and Thinking (EDPE5001)
- Learning and Teaching Thinking Skills (EDPE6013)
- Individual Profession Learning Portfolio (EDPZ5010)
See a full list of electives at the university's course handbook database.
Find out more...
Find out about this program's learning environment, teaching staff, career opportunities, timetables, fees & how to apply, or see a list of frequently asked questions.
You can also ask a question about this program via the Sydney Student enquiry form or contact the Helpline on 1300 899 006.