Below is a list of current and recently completed projects.
You can also browse our research by topic:
virtual worlds, design, video, writing, and climate change.
- Learning, technology and design: architectures for productive networked learning (Laureate Fellowship), P. Goodyear (2010-2015) $2.75 million | Laureate page
- Multi-user virtual environments and research into the learning and transfer of scientific knowledge and inquiry skills, M.J. Jacobson; C. Hu; D.C. Richards; M Kapur; C.E. Taylor (2010-2012) $350,000 | Virtual Worlds page
- Authentic assessment of students in practice settings: A participatory design approach, Reimann, P., Bloomfield, D., Waugh, F., Gile, R., Wong, W.Y., Chamber, B., Simone, W., and Bowles, W., (2010-2012) $219,000.
- Learning the complexity of scientific knowledge about climate change with computer modelling and visualization technologies, M.J. Jacobson, L. Markauskaite, C. Hu (2010-2013) $560,000 | Climate change page
Recently completed projects
- Comprehensive support for collaborative writing: Visualising argument, text and process structures, P. Reimann, R.A. Calvo, K. Yacef (2009-2011) $270,000 | Writing page
- Professional learning for knowledgeable action and innovation: The development of epistemic fluency in higher education, P. Goodyear, L. Markauskaite (2009-2011) $220,000
- Learning through inquiry in Higher Education, P. Goodyear, R.A. Ellis, M.T. Prosser (2009-2011) $425,000
- Disciplinarity, knowledge and schooling: Analysing and improving integrated, cumulative learning in classrooms, P. Freebody, J.R. Martin, K.A. Maton (2009-2011) $360,000
- Rethinking timelines: a new methodology for describing and communicating history, P. Reimann, I. Johnson (Archaeology Computing Laboratory), and S. Robertson (History) & Mostern, R. Industry partners: Australian Maritime Museum and the Macquarie Dictionary. (2007-2011) $400,000
- Senior Carrick Fellowship - Teaching, technology and educational design: the architecture of productive learning environments. P. Goodyear.
- An Educational Video with Annotation collaboratory and teaching and learning management framework. Wong, W. Y., Reimann, P., Armstrong, A. C., Howie P., Waugh, F., Walker, R., Loughland, T., O’Hara, A., Lynch, D., Anderson, M., O’Connor, D., Simpson, A., Harbon, L.
- Analyzing and supporting cooperation management in online learning communities, P. Reimann, P. Goodyear, J. Kay, K. Yacef
- Learning through online and co-present discussion in higher education: expectations, experiences and outcomes, P. Goodyear, M. Prosser, R. Ellis
- Designing for Mobile Learning in a Technology Museum, P. Reimann, A. Dong
- Interactive Distance E-Learning for Isolated Communities: Opening Our Eyes, S.J. Crump, P.Goodyear, J.E. Tuovinen, B.C. Devlin
- Blended learning in schools, TAFE and universities: experience, principles, patterns and practice, P. Goodyear, M.T. Prosser, R.A. Ellis, S. Blackwell, M. McNeill
- Supporting Mobile Learning from the Ground Up, K. Stewart, P. Reimann
- Using machine learning and automated document analysis methods to support English composition training, P. Reimann, B.R. Paltridge, R.A. Calvo