Master of Social Work
To qualify for the award of Master of Social Work, a candidate must complete 48 credit points, including:
- 12 credit points of core units; and
- a minimum of 6 credit points of capstone units.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Diploma in Social Work, a candidate must complete 36 credit points, including:
- 12 credit points of core units.
Please note: The availability of units of study, particularly electives, may vary from year to year.
Core units of study
Elective units of study
- Working with Communities (SCWK6910)
- Practice Development (SCWK6917)
- Mental Health: Practice and Theory (SCWK6920)
- Dying, Death and Mourning (SCWK6944)
- Social Policy Frameworks (SCWK6948)
- Global Social Policy (SCWK6949)
Capstone units of study
Master’s candidates must complete either SCWK6908 (6 credit points) or the Dissertation (12 credit points), normally in the final semester of enrolment.
- Authorised Independent Study and Report (SCWK6908)
- Dissertation (EDPZ6720) (completed in one semester;) or
- Dissertation Part 1 (EDPZ6724) and Dissertation Part 2 (EDPZ6725) (completed over two semesters)