Master of Learning Sciences and Technology
Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
Most units of study within the Master of Learning Sciences and Technology programs are offered as a combination of online and face-to-face class sessions. Generally, students have the option to participate from a classroom on campus, however many students prefer to join virtual classes weekly, visiting the campus only once or twice each semester for the compulsory face-to-face sessions.
Wherever possible, face-to-face sessions are scheduled consecutively on a single day, so that students can attend all their compulsory sessions during one visit to the University.
Times and locations of lectures and tutorials can be found on the timetable pages.
Graduate Certificate in Learning Sciences and Technology – complete all four core units of study
Graduate Diploma in Learning Sciences and Technology – complete all four core units of study plus two elective unit units of study
Master of Learning Sciences and Technology (Research Stream) – complete the four core units of study plus all of the following:
- Learning Technology Research Frontiers (EDPC5025)
- Evaluating Learning Tech. Innovation (EDPC5012) or
Developing a Research Project (EDPK5003)
- Dissertation Part 1 (EDPZ6724) and Dissertation Part 2 (EDPZ6725) or
Master of Learning Sciences and Technology (Professional Stream) – complete the four core units of study plus one elective unit and all of the following:
- Evaluating Learning Tech. Innovation (EDPC5012)
- Special Project 1 (EDPZ6730)
- Special Project 2 (EDPZ6731).
Core units of study
- Foundations of Learning Sciences (EDPC5021)
- Design for Learning (EDPC5022)
- Innovations in Learning Tech & Practice (EDPC5023)
- Systems, Change and Learning (EDPC5024)
Elective units of study
- Learning, Knowing and Thinking (EDPE5001)
- Learning and Teaching Thinking Skills (EDPE6013)
- Individual Profession Learning Portfolio (EDPZ5010)
- Prof Learning Leadership Portfolio (EDPZ6010)