Applications for Education honours programs
Submitting your application
Eligible students may apply for the honours program during semester one of their penultimate year of study. This means students enrolled in four-year degrees can apply in Semester One, Year 3. Students enrolled in five-year combined degrees can apply in Semester One, Year 4.
To apply for honours, students must:
- Find a proposed research topic and supervisor.
- Complete a statement of intent, discussing what you would like to research.
- Complete the application form below.
- Lodge your application form (signed by your proposed supervisor) and your statement of intent at the Education and Social Work student administration, Room 307, Education Building.
Applications must be lodged by 4pm on Friday, May 15, 2015.
- 2015 Education Honours Application Form (pdf, 111kB)
Assessment of applications
Honours applications are assessed on the basis of:
- the availability of a suitable supervisor
- an honours entrance Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 75+
The number of honours students in any course may be capped, depending on the number of students applying; in all cases, students will be offered places from highest to lowest WAM. Therefore, finding an supervisor and achieving the required WAM does not guarantee entry.
Calculating your honours-entry WAM
The information below is provided for students wishing to calculate their own honours-entry weighted average mark. Students in the programs specified must achieve a weighted average mark of at least 75 across the units listed in the column relating to the teacher-education program in which they are enrolled, (with the units in the bottom row weighted double).
|BEd (Early Childhood)||BEd (Primary)||BEd (HMHE)||BEd (Secondary),
Units of study with weight = 1
Units of study with weight = x 2