Research Students Forum Keynotes
Keynotes from the Research Students Forum were recorded in 2010 and 2011. Click on the link below to listen to the keynotes.
- 2011 - Reflections on the research enterprise in universities - Emeritus Professor Geoffrey Sherington (mp3, 44 MB)
- 2010 - Research: making a difference - Professor Rob Tierney (mp3, 56.7 MB)
As part of the Research Festival held in October 2007, the China Education Centre hosted a Research forum titled Researching China where higher-degree-research students from China presented talks about their research topics.
After the forum, each student was interviewed by SBS Radio. Selected podcasts of these interviews are provided for download below, courtesy of SBS Radio:
- On Kei Lee from Hong Kong was studying a Doctor of Education degree. The interview (MP3, 4.86MB) about her thesis, "A critical discourse analysis of the Hong Kong English Extensive Reading Scheme", was broadcast on SBS Cantonese Radio in November 2007.
- Jing Jin was a first-year PhD student. The interview (MP3, 5.53MB) about her thesis, "Innovation in China's non-governmental Universities", was broadcast on SBS Mandarin Radio was broadcast in December 2007.
- Jiang Xin Liu was a second-year PhD student. The interview (MP3, 4.58MB) about his thesis, which at the time was titled "Remediating Chinese lifestyles on blogs", was broadcast on SBS Mandarin Radio in December 2007.
- Xingkui Zhang was a second-year PhD student. The interview (MP3, 5.25MB) about his thesis, "Formation and transformation of rural masculinity: An ethnography of gender relations in a Chinese village", was broadcast on SBS Mandarin Radio in December 2007.