Publications authored by higher-degree-research students in 2007
Doctoral Studies Student Publications - 2007 ArchivePage archived at: Mon, 10 December 2007 09:12:53 +1000
- Groundwater-Smith, S., Mitchell, J., & Mockler, N. (2007). Learning in the Middle Years: More than a Transition. Melbourne: Thomson.
- Wang, W. (2007). Genre Across Languages and Cultures: Newspaper Commentaries in China and Australia (Vol. 1). Saarbruecken, Germany: Verlag Dr. Mueller Publishing.
- Ishimine, K., & Evans, D. (2007). Quality of childcare and the impact on children’s social skills in disadvantaged areas in Sydney, Australia. In A. France & R. Homel (Eds.), Pathways and Crime Prevention: Theory, Policy and Practice (pp. 319-336). Cullompton, UK & Oregon, USA: Willan.
- Ji, P. (`2007). Pragmatic perspective on textbook development. In D. L. Qiu & J. Cai (Eds.), The Explorations and Prospectives for College English Textbooks (pp. 175-200). Shanghai: Fudan University Press.
- Mockler, N. (2007). Ethics in practitioner research: dilemmas from the field. In A. Campbell & S. Groundwater-Smith (Eds.), An Ethical Approach to Practitioner Research (pp. 88-98). New York: Routledge.
- Parker, P. D., Dowson, M., & McInerney, D. M. (2007). Standards for quantitative research in diverse sociocultural contexts. In D. M. McInerney, S. Van Etten & M. Dowson (Eds.), Standards in Education (1 ed., Vol. 6, pp. 315-330). US: Information Age Publishing Inc.
- Peng, J. E. (2007). Willingness to communicate in the Chinese EFL classroom: A cultural perspective. In J. Liu (Ed.) English Language Teaching in China: New Approaches, Perspectives, and Standards (pp. 250–269). London: Continuum.
- Print, M., Leung, Y. W., Sim, B., Ikeno, N., & Ishimine, K. (2007). Political education across Asia. In D. Lange & V. Reinhardt (Eds.), Strategien der Politischen Bildung (Handbook of Political Education) (Vol. 2, pp. 189-202). Baltmannsweiler, Germany: Schneider-Verlag Hohengehren.
- Reimann, P., Thompson, K., & Weinel, M. (2007). Decision making patterns in virtual teams. In T. Hirashima, U. Hoppe & S. S.-C. Young (Eds.), Supporting Learning Flow through Integrative Technologies (Vol. 162, pp. 213-220). Amsterdam: IOS Press.
- Sainsbury, E., & Walker, R. A. (2007). Same words, different meanings: Learning to talk the scientific language of pharmacy. In A. Brew & J. Sachs (Eds.), Transforming a University: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Practice (pp. 13–25). Sydney: Sydney University Press.
- Broughton, M., & Manuel, J. (2007). What do Australian boys think about reading? Literacy Learning: the Middle Years, 15(1), 6–13.
- Crawford, S., & Elliott, R. T. (2007). Analysis of phonemes, graphemes, onset-rimes, and words with braille-learning children. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness, 101(9), 534-544.
- Crouch, P. J., O'Dea, J. A., & Battisti, R. A. (2007). Child feeding practices and perceptions of overweight and obesity risk among mothers of pre-school children. Nutrition & Dietetics, 64, 151–158.
- Farooqui, S. (2007). Developing speaking skills of adult learners in private universities in Bangladesh: problems and solutions. Australian Journal of Adult Learning, 47(1), 94-110.
- Girdwood, J. L. (2007) Reforming the World Bank: from social liberalism to neo-liberalism. Comparative Education 43(3), 413–431.
- Green, J., Martin, A. J., & Marsh, H. W. (2007). Motivation and engagement in English, mathematics and science high school subjects: Towards an understanding of multidimensional domain specificity. Learning and Individual Differences, 17, 269–279.
- Groundwater-Smith, S., & Mockler, N. (2007). Ethics in practitioner research: an issue of quality. Research Papers in Education, 22(2), 199–211.
- Hwang, Y.-S. , Evans, D., & Mackenzie, J., (2007). Theory-of-Mind Continuum Model: Why mind matters in philosophy, psychology and education. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 2(3), 249–258.
- Martin, A. J., Marsh, H. W., McInerney, D. M., Green, J., & Dowson, M. (2007). Getting along with teachers and parents: The yields of good relationships for students-achievement motivation and self-esteem. Australian Journal of Guidance and Counselling, 17, 109-125.
- Mo, L.-L., & Chung, D.-C. (2007). Investigating some social workers' unwillingness to provide services for people living with lllV/AIDS based on lllV/AIDS social workers' work experiences. Taiwanese Social Work, 5, 1-44.
- O'Connor, K. E. (2007). Reflection, interpretation and scholarly role-taking: Affirming the self in educational research. Reflective Practice, 8(2), 255–268.
- Peng, J. (2007). Weaving conversation analysis into language class. Academic Exchange, 11(1), 172–176.
- Peng, J. (2007). Willingness to communicate in a L2 in the EFL classroom: Rich descriptions from the Chinese university students. Review of Applied Linguistics in China, 3, 30–59.
- Preston, C., Mules, M., Baker, D., & Frost, K. (2007). Teaching primary science constructively: Experiences of pre-service teachers at Macquarie University–Part 2. Teaching Science, 53(2), 29-32.
- Sainsbury, E., & Walker, R. A. (2007). Assessment as a vehicle for learning: Extending collaboration into testing. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 32, 1-18.
- Shimomura, T. (2007). Recent and future trends in the education of indigenous Australians. Japanese Sociological Review, 58(2).
- Shimomura, T. (2007). The present situation of prejudice and racism towards indigenous students in the primary and secondary education. Journal of Australian Studies, 20, 93-108.
- Tindale, J. (2007). Responding to linguistic and cultural diversity in higher education. International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, 6(7), 29–36.
- Wong, M., & Evans, D. (2007). Improving basic multiplication fact recall for primary school students. Mathematics Education Research Journal, 19(1), 89–106.
- Aditomo, A., & Reimann, P. (2007). Learning from virtual interaction: A review of research on online synchronous groups. In C. Chinn, G. Erkens & S. Puntambekar (Ed) Proceedings of The Computer Supported Collaborative Learning Conference 2007. Mice, Minds, and Society (vol 8, Part 1 pp. 56-65). The State University of New Jersey, (July 16-21 2007).
- Amazan, R. (2007). Mobilizing the Ethiopian knowledge diasporas: Framing the issues. In B. D. Denman (Ed) Proceedings of 35th Annual conference of the Australia and New Zealand Comparative and International Education Society ( pp. 2-19). University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand).
- Anderson, J., & Wong, M. (2007). Teaching common fractions in primary school: Teachers' reactions to a new curriculum. In P. L. Jeffery (Ed) Proceedings of Australian Association for Research in Education 2006. Engaging Pedagogies (Vol 1 pp. 1-13). Adelaide, (27-30 Nov 2006).
- Curry, C., & Light, R. (2007). Addressing the NSW Quality Teaching Framework in physical education: Is Game Sense the answer? In R. Light (Ed) Proceedings of Asia Pacific Conference on Teaching Sport and Physical Education for Understanding (vol 1 pp. 7-19). University of Sydney, (14-15 Dec 2006).
- Dowson, M., Parker, P. D., & Miner, M. (2007). Internal orientations to ministry: Theory, construct validation and measurement invariance. In M. Miner & M. Dowson (Ed) Proceedings of Annual Conference 2007 UWS Psychology and Spirituality Society. Spirituality in Australia-Psychological, Social and Religious Perspectives ( pp. 49-59). University of Western Sydney, (20 July 2007).
- Evans, D., Moore, C., & Strnadová, I. (2007). University-school partnerships: Literacy and students with additional learning needs. In A. Simpson (Ed) Proceedings of Future Directions in Literacy: International Conversation ( pp. 57-71). Sydney, (3–6 Sep 2007).
- Evans, D., Strnadová, I., & Wong, M. (2007). Examining number sense: An exploratory study of students with additional learning needs. In J. Novotna, P. Dvorak, M. Kratka, H. Morsova & M. Sulista (Ed) Proceedings of International Symposium Elementary Mathematics Teaching (vol 1 pp. 101-108). Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, (19-24 Aug 2007).
- Hicks, J. (2007). Catching the reading bug: looking at how to immerse children in the literary experience using visual and textual literacy. In A. Simpson (Ed) Proceedings of Future Directions in Literacy: International Conversations Conference 2007 ( pp. 135–149). Sydney, (3–6 Sep 2007).
- Mann, S., & Reimann, P. (2007). Mobile technology as a mediating tool for learning in the convergences from technology, collaboration and curriculum perspectives. In A. Norman & J. Pearce (Ed) Proceedings of 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Learning. Making the connections (vol 1 pp. 151-155). Melbourne, (16–19 Oct 2007).
- Moore, M. (2007). Teacher professional development as a transformative experience. In P. L. Jeffery (Ed) Proceedings of Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) 2006. Engaging Pedagogies (vol 1, pp. 1-22). Adelaide, (27-30 Nov 2006).
- Namgung, S. U. (2007). The role of returnees in internationalisation at three Korean universities. In B. D. Denman (Ed) Proceedings of 35th Annual Conference of Australian and New Zealand Comparative International Education Society (ANZCIES). International Co-operation through Education (vol 1, pp. 172-189). University of Auckland, (29 Nov-2 Dec 2007).
- Parker, P. D., Martin, A. J., Colmar, S., & Debus, R. (2007). The forgotten helpers: A psychosocial model of clergy burnout. In M. Miner & M. Dowson (Ed) Proceedings of Annual Conference 2007 UWS Psychology and Spirituality Society. Spirituality in Australia-Psychological, Social and Religious Perspectives ( pp. 153-163). University of Western Sydney, (20 July 2007).
- Peng, J. E. (2007). Willingness to communicate in an L2 and integrative motivation among college students in an intensive English language program in China. University of Sydney Papers in TESOL, 2, 33–59.
- Reimann, P., Thompson, K., & Weinel, M. (2007). Collaborative learning by modelling: observations in an online setting. In R. J. Atkinson, C. McBeath, S. K. A. Soong & C. Cheers (Ed) Proceedings of 24th Annual Conference of the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education: Providing Choices for Learners and Learning ( pp. 887-897). Singapore, (3-5 Dec 2007).
- Rushton, K. (2007). The significance of text in the teaching of reading in the early years. In A. Simpson (Ed) Proceedings of Future Directions in Literacy: International Conversation ( pp. 256-268). Sydney, (3–6 Sep 2007).
- Thompson, K., & Reimann, P. (2007). Do school students learn more about the environment from a system dynamics model by themselves or with a partner? In J. Sterman, R. Oliva, R. S. Langer, J. I. Rowe & J. M. Yanni (Ed) Proceedings of 25th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society and 50th Anniversary Celebration. Boston, USA, (29 Jul-2 Aug 2007).
- Wang, W. (2007). The notions of genre and micro-genre in contrastive rhetoric research: Newspaper commentaries on the events of September 11th. University of Sydney Papers in TESOL, 2(1), 83-118.
- Wong, M., & Evans, D. (2007). Assessing students' understanding of fraction equivalence. In C. S. Lim, S. Fatimah, G. Munirah, S. Hajar, M. Hashimah, W. L. Gan & T. Y. HWA (Ed) Proceedings of Fourth East Asia Regional Conference on Mathematics Education (EARCOME4) ( pp. 135-143). Universiti Sains Malaysia, (18-22 June 2007).
- Wong, M., & Evans, D. (2007). Students’ conceptual understanding of equivalent fractions. In J. Watson & K. Beswick (Ed) Proceedings of Mathematics: Essential Research, Essential Practice. 30th Annual Conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia (vol 2 pp. 824-833). Hobart, Australia, (2-6th July, 2007).