Publications authored by higher-degree-research students in 2010
Doctoral Studies Student Publications - 2010 ArchivePage archived at: Mon, 13 December 2010 09:12:58 +1000
- Peng, H. (2010). Chinese PhD thesis acknowledgments: A communities of practice perspective. Bern: Peter Lang.
- Smith, Louisa (2010) Mother of all constructions: mothers in male-dominated work. In Goodwin, S. and Huppatz, K. (eds) The Good Mother: contemporary motherhoods in Australia. SUP: Sydney.
- Walker, R. A., Sainsbury, E., Pressick-Kilborn, K. J., & MacCallum, J. (2010). A Sociocultural Approach to Motivation: A Long Time Coming But Here at Last. In T. Urdan & S. Karabenick (Eds.), Advances in motivation and achievement: The next decade of research in motivation and achievement (pp. 1-42). Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.
- Brady, L . (2010). Teaching Shakespeare's plays: not for all time, but for a computer age. Metaphor, 3, 40–43.
- Chisuwa, N., & O'Dea, J. A. (2010). Body image and eating disorders among Japanese adolescents. A review of the literature. Appetite 54(1), 5-15. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2009.11.008
- Fishwick, E. & Bolitho, J. (2010). Politics-led policy and policy-led evidence: the noetic review of juvenile justice in NSW. Current Issues in Criminal Justice, 22(1), 171–180.
- Fleming, J. D., Iyer, M., Shortis, M., Vuthaluru, H., Xing, K., & Moulton, B. (2010). Employers' perceptions regarding graduates of engineering dual degrees. World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education 8(3), 277-282.
- Ho, P. & Chong, N. Y. (2010) The talent development of a musically gifted adolescent in Singapore. International Journal of Music Education, 28, 47–60.
- Liu, J. X. (2010). Gendered performances and norms in Chinese personal blogs. Gender Forum: an internet platform for gender and women's studies, Vol. 30.
- Martin, A., Liem, G. A. D., Coffey, L., Martinez, C., Parker, P., Marsh., H. W., & Jackson, S. (2010). What happens to physical activity behavior, motivation, self-concept, and flow after completing school? A longitudinal study. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology 22(4), 437-457. doi: 10.1080/10413200.2010.495699
- Matsuoka, W., & Hirsh, D. (2010). Vocabulary learning through reading: Does an ELT course book provide good opportunities?. Reading in a Foreign Language 22(1), 56-70.
- Parahakaran, S. (2010). Teachers’ Beliefs and Perceptions of Integration and Elicitation of Human Values in Water Education in Some Southeast Asian Countries. Pertanika Journal of Social Science and Humanities 18(S), 165-189.
- Parker, P. D., Martin, A., Martinez, C., Marsh, H. W., & Jackson, S. (2010). Longitudinal Approaches to Stages of Change Measurement: Effects on Cognitive and Behavioral Physical Activity Factors. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development 43(2), 108-120. doi: 10.1177/0748175610374582
- Parker, P. D., Martin, A., Martinez, C., Marsh, H. W., & Jackson, S. (2010). Stages of change in physical activity: A validation study of late adolescence. Health Education and Behavior 37(3), 318-329.
- Peng, H., & Woodrow, L. (2010). Willingness to Communicate in English: A Model in the Chinese EFL Classroom Context. Language Learning: a journal of research in language studies 60(4), 834-876. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2010.00576.x
- Pockett, R. Walker, E. Dave, K. (2010). 'Last Orders': Dying in a hospital setting. Australian Social Work, accepted Oct2009.
- Rawsthorne, M., & Costello, M. (2010). Cleaning the sink: Exploring the experiences of Australian lesbian parents reconciling work/family responsibilities. Community, Work & Family 13(2), 1-16. doi: 10.1080/13668800903259777
- Stevenson, M. (2010). Flexible and Responsive Research: Developing Rights-Based Emancipatory Disability Research Methodology in Collaboration with Young Adults with Down Syndrome. Australian Social Work 63(1), 35-50.
- Yuan, W., Xiong, J., & Bi, Z. W. (2010). The Mixing of English in Chinese Newspapers. Keyuan Monthly Publication, Vol. 4, pp. 78-80.
- Barton, S. M., Sargent, J., & Novotny, D. (2010). Aligning Blended Culture and Blended Learning: Toward Enhancing Teacher and Learner Performance Outcomes. In Z. Wati, I. Jung & J. Luca (Eds.), Global Learn Asia Pacific - Global Conference on Learning and Technology 2010 (pp. 1382-1393). Penang, Malyasia (17 - 20 May 2010). http://www.editlib.org/p/34354
- Ellis, N., Armstrong, A. C., & Groundwater-Smith, S. (2010). Reviewing action research: From impediments to implementation. In M. Devlin, J. Nagy & A. Lichtenberg (Eds.), Research and Development in Higher Education: Reshaping Higher Education-Volume 33 - Refereed papers from the 33rd HERDSA Annual International Conference (pp. 279-288). Melbourne (6-9 July 2010). http://www.herdsa.org.au/?page_id=1371
- Gregory, S., Gregory, B., Campbell, M., Farley, H., Sinnappan, S., Kennedy-Clark, S., et al. (2010). Australian higher education institutions transforming the future of teaching and learning through 3D virtual worlds. In C. H. Steel, M. J. Keppell, P. Gerbic & S. Housego (Eds.), Proceedings of Ascilite 2010 Sydney: curriculum, technology & transformation for an unknown future (pp. 399-415). Sydney (5-8 Dec 2010). http://www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/sydney10/proceedings.htm
- Jacobson, M. J., Richards, D., Kennedy-Clark, S., Thompson, K., Taylor, C., Hu, C., Taylor, M., & Kartiko, I. (2010). Scenario-Based Muve For Science Inquiry. In M. Sharma (Ed.), Proceedings of the 16th UniServe Science Annual Conference 2010 - Creating ACTIVE Minds in our Science and Mathematics Students (pp. 47-52). Sydney (29 Sep -1 Oct, 2010).
- Jetti, A. P. (2010). Assessing Poverty and Well-being in Australia: Potential of the Capability Paradigm. In S. Velayutham, N. Ebert & S. Watkins (Eds.), TASA 2010 Conference Proceedings: Social Causes, Private Lives. Macquarie University, Sydney (6-9 December 2010).
- Kennedy-Clark, S. (2010). Pre-service teachers’ perspectives on using scenario-based MUVEs in science education. In C. H. Steel, M. J. Keppell, P. Gerbic & S. Housego (Eds.), Proceedings of Ascilite 2010 Sydney: curriculum, technology & transformation for an unknown future (pp. 497-507). Sydney (5-8 Dec 2010). http://www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/sydney10/proceedings.htm
- Kennedy-Clark, S., Jacobson, M. J., & Reimann, P. (2010). Scenario-Based Multi-User Virtual Environments: Productive Failure and the Impact of Structure on Learning. In M. Wolpers, P. A. Kirshner, M. Scheffel, S. Lindstaedt & V. Dimitrova (Eds.), Sustaining TEL: From Innovation to Learning and Practice. 5th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, EC-TEL 2010 Proceedings. Barcelona, Spain (September 28 - October 1 2010). Published in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 6383 (pp. 402-407). doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-16020-2. http://www.springerlink.com/content/978-3-642-16019-6#section=781083&page=13&locus=0
- Kennedy-Clark, S., & Reimann, P. (2010). Scenario-Based MUVEs in the Science Classroom: Pre-service teachers’ perspectives. In S. L. Wong, S. C. Kong & F. Y. Yu (Eds.), Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Computers in Education, ICCE 2010 - Enhancing and Sustaining New Knowledge through the Use of Digital Technology in Education (pp. 166-170). Putrajaya, Malaysia (29 November - 3 December 2010). http://www.icce2010.upm.edu.my/papers/c2/short%20paper/C2SP31.pdf
- Lo, W. Y., & Anderson, J. (2010). Beyond the Curriculum: The Mathematical Beliefs of Pre-service Primary Teachers in Hong Kong. In L. Sparrow, B. Kissane, C, Hurst (Eds.), Shaping the future of mathematical education, Proceedings of the 33rd annual conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia (MERGA), Volume 1 (pp. 657-664). Fremantle, Western Australia (3-7 July 2010). http://www.merga.net.au/node/38?year=2010
- Parisio, M. (2010). University teachers' conceptions of learning through online discussion: Preliminary findings. In C. H. Steel, M. J. Keppell, P. Gerbic & S. Housego (Eds.), Curriculum, technology & transformation for an unknown future. Proceedings ascilite Sydney 2010 (pp. 733-737). Sydney (5-8 Dec 2010). http://www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/sydney10/proceedings.htm
- Tanti, M., & Kennedy-Clark, S. (2010). MUVEing slowly: Applying slow pedagogy to a scenario-based virtual environment. In C. H. Steel, M. J. Keppell, P. Gerbic & S. Housego (Eds.), Proceedings of Ascilite 2010 Sydney: curriculum, technology & transformation for an unknown future (pp. 963-967). Sydney (5-8 Dec 2010). http://www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/sydney10/proceedings.htm