Publications authored by higher-degree-research students in 2011
Doctoral Studies Student Publications - 2011 ArchivePage archived at: Mon, 12 December 2011 09:17:52 +1000
- McIntyre, S. (2011). Final report: Learning to teach online, developing high quality video and text resources to help educators teach online. Sydney: Australian Learning and Teaching Council.
- Bedford, S. (2011). A critical perspective on the representation of racial identities in Business English course books. In Quynh Le & Thao Le (Eds.), Linguistic diversity and cultural identity: A global perspective (pp. 273-282). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Cai, H., & Welch, A. (2011). Enter the Dragon: the internationalisation of China's higher education system. In J. Ryan (Ed.), China's higher education reform and internationalisation (pp. 9-33). London: Routledge imprint of Taylor & Francis.
- Cinelli, R., & O'Dea, J. A. (2011). Body Image Among Aboriginal Children and Adolescents in Australia. In S. B. Greene (Ed.), Body Image: Perceptions, Interpretations and Attitudes (27-57). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Conyer, B. (2011). Pluralism in Jewish Education. In H. Miller, L. D. Grant & A. Pomson (Eds.), International Handbook of Jewish Education, Part 1 (pp. 267-284). Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer.
- Madrid, S. (2011). Masculinidades y equidad de género en la escuela: reflexiones para la construcción de una pol'tica educativa en Chile [Masculinities and gender equity in the school: Reflections for the construction of an educational policy in Chile]. In F. Aguayo and M. Sadler (Eds.), Masculinidades y Pol'ticas Públicas: Involucrando Hombres en la Equidad de Género [Masculinities and Public Policy: Engaging men in gender equity] (pp. 128–150), Santiago de Chile: University of Chile & MenEngaged Network.
- Martin, A., Green, J., Colmar, S., Liem, A., & Marsh, H. W. (2011). Quantitative Modelling Of Correlational And Multilevel Data In Educational Research: A Construct Validity Approach To Exploring And Testing Theory. In L. Markauskaite, P. Freebody & J. Irwin (Eds.), Methodological Choice and Design: Scholarship, Policy and Practice in Social and Educational Research (pp. 209-224). New York: Springer.
- Bi, N. Z. (2011). A comparative study of HRM in China and Australia: An Asia-Pacific context. Science Times, (15) 11-14.
- Bi, N. Z. (2011). How can operations managers make operations efficient and effective: A lesson from successful organizations. Management Observer, (22), 13–15.
- Bi, N. Z. (2011). An investigation into English pronunciation of three different language groups. Overseas English, (11), 299–302.
- Bi, N. Z. (2011). An Investigation into English Mixing in Chinese Internet Language. World Journal of English Language, 1(2), 60-67. doi:10.5430/wjel.v1n2p6.
- Bi, N. Z. (2011). How to write academically as a postgraduate student from non-English speaking background: A study from teachers’ perspective. International Journal of English Linguistics 1(2), 58-63. doi: 10.5539/ijel.v1n2p58.
- Ewing, R., Hristofski, H., Gibson, R., Campbell, V., & Robertson, A. (2011). Using Drama to Enhance Literacy: The School Drama Initiative. Literacy Learning: The Middle Years, 19(3), 33-39.
- Ebbeck, M.A., Chan, Y.Y.Y., & Yim, H.Y.B. (2011). Encouraging a culture of research in practicing teachers in Singapore. Early Childhood Education Journal, 39(5), 355–364. DOI:10.1007/s10643-011-0477-6.
- Ebbeck, M.A.,& Chan, Y.Y.Y. (2011). Instituting Change in Early Childhood Education: Recent Developments in Singapore. Early Childhood Education Journal, 38(6), 457–463. DOI:10.1007/s10643-010-0435-8
- Cupples, B., & O'Connor, D. (2011). The Development of Position-Specific Performance Indicators in Elite Youth Rugby League: A Coach's Perspective. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching, 6(1), 125-142. doi: 10.1260/1747-95220.127.116.11.
- Ghafournia, N. (2011). Battered at home, played down in policy: Migrant women and domestic violence in Australia. Aggression and Violent Behavior, 16, 207-213. doi: 10.1016/j.avb.2011.02.009.
- Goulding, J. (2011). Historical Thinking and Social Media. Agora, 46(3), 11–19.
- Kennedy-Clark, S., & Thomson, K. (2011). What do students learn when collaboratively using a computer game in the study of historical disease epidemics, and why? Games and Culture: a journal of interactive media, 6(6), 513-537.
- Kligyte, G. (2011). Transformation Narratives in Academic Practice. International Journal for Academic Development, 16(3), 201–213.
- McKenzie, J., Hardy, J., Fischer, M. & Lewis, M.J. (2011). Showcasing a new Sydney Nursing School ‘clinical home’ model for professional education and community engagement. Synergy, ITL publication, the University of Sydney, (31).
- Mai, L., & Gibson, R. (2011). The rights of the putti: a review of the literature on children as cultural citizens in art museums. Museum Management and Curatorship, 26(4), 355-371. doi: 10.1080/09647775.2011.603930.
- Markose, S., Symes, C., & Hellsten, M. (2011). 'In this country education happen at the home': two families in search of the instruments of appropriation for school success. Language and Intercultural Communication, 11(3), 248-269. doi: 10.1080/14708477.2011.561859.
- Parker, P., & Martin, A. (2011). Clergy Motivation and Occupational Well-being: Exploring a Quadripolar Model and Its Role in Predicting Burnout and Engagement. Journal of Religion and Health, 50(3), 656-674. doi:10.1007/s10943-009-9303-5.
- Aditomo, A., Calvo, R. A., & Reimann, P. (2011). Collaborative writing: Too much of a good thing? Exploring Engineering students' perceptions using the repertory grid. In H. Spada, G. Stahl, N. Miyake & N. Law (Eds.), 9th International Conference on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL2011): Connecting research to policy and practice: CSCL2011 Conference Proceedings (pp. 128-135), Hong Kong, 4 - 8 July 2011.
- Anderson, K., Kennedy-Clark, S., Sutherland, L., & Fyfe (Galstaun), V. (2011). iSCIENCE: A Computer-Supported Collaborative Inquiry Learning Project for Science Students In Secondary and Tertiary Science Education. In M. Sharma, A. Yeung, T. Jenkins, E. Johnson, G. Rayner & J. West (Eds.), Proceedings of the Australian Conference on Science and Mathematics Education 2011, Melbourne, Australia, 28 - 30 September 2011.
- Ashe, D., & Bibi, S. (2011). Unpacking TPACK and students' approaches to learning: Applying knowledge in pieces to Higher Education teaching and learning. In G. Williams, P. Statham, N. Brown & B. Cleland (Eds.), Ascilite 2011: Changing Demands, Changing Directions, Proceedings (pp128-132), Hobart, Australia, 4 - 7 December 2011.
- Gorzanelli, M. (2011). Addressing body image issues in the health education classroom: can a constructivist approach improve current interventions?. In Doo, G.D. (ed) Proceedings of the 27th Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) International Conference (pp. 24–33), Adelaide, South Australia, 18-20 April 2011.
- Hadi, A. (2011). English, Islam, and secular values: A hybrid curricular approach to preservice English teacher education in the era of world Englishes?. Proceedings The 5th International Seminar on Teacher Education in the Era of World Englishes, Satya Wacana Christian University, Salatiga, Indonesia, 21-22 November 2011.
- Kennedy-Clark, S., Fyfe (Galstaun), V., & Anderson, K. (2011). Using game-based inquiry learning to meet the changing directions of science education. In G. Williams, P. Statham, N. Brown & B. Cleland (Eds.), Ascilite 2011: Changing Demands, Changing Directions, Proceedings (pp 702-714), Hobart, Australia, 4 - 7 December 2011.
- Thomson, K., Kennedy-Clark, S., Markauskaite, L., & Southavilay, V. (2011). Capturing and analysing the processes and patterns of learning in collaborative learning environments. In Hans Spada, Gerry Stahl, Naomi Miyake, Nancy Law (Eds.), 9th International Conference on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL 2011): Connecting research to policy and practice, Proceedings Volume 2 (pp. 596-600), Hong Kong, 4 - 8 July 2011.
- Kennedy-Clark, S., Thomson, K., & Richards, D. (2011). Collaborative Problem Solving Processes in a Scenario-Based Multi-User Environment. In H. Spada, G. Stahl, N. Miyake & N. Law (Eds.), 9th International Conference on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL 2011): Connecting research to policy and practice, Proceedings Volume 2 (pp.706-710), Hong Kong, 4 - 8 July 2011.
- Kligyte, G. & Barrie, S. (2011). Collegiality versus managerialism - the binary that binds us. Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) Conference 2011. Newport, UK, 7-9 December, 2011.
- Kligyte, G. (2011). Defamiliarising reflective practice discourse in higher education teaching development programs. Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) Conference 2011, Hobart, Australia, 27 November – 1 December, 2011.
- Laycock, D. (2011). Different texts for different times. Making Connections that Count: Proceedings of the English Teachers Association Conference 2011, Sydney, Australia, 5 August 2011.
- Lewis, M.J. & Newman, S. (2011). An evidence-based framework for quality: Bringing the best from informatics in healthcare to quality in higher education @ Sydney Nursing School. HERDSA 2011 conference: Higher Education on the Edge, Gold Coast, Australia, 5 July 2011.
- Parisio, M. (2011). Engaging students in learning through online discussion: A phenomenographic study. In G. Williams, P. Statham, N. Brown & B. Cleland (Eds.), Ascilite 2011: Changing Demands, Changing Directions Proceedings (pp. 989-993), Hobart, Australia, 4 - 7 December 2011.