Publications authored by higher-degree-research students in 2012
Doctoral Studies Student Publications - 2012 ArchivePage archived at: Mon, 10 December 2012 09:15:52 +1000
- Wettewa, V. (2012). The Geography of Marriage: Contemporary Arranged Marriages in Sri Lanka. Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Markauskaite, L., Kennan, M. A., Richardson, J., Aditomo, A. & Hellmers, L. (2012). Investigating eResearch: Collaboration Practices and Future Challenges. In A. A. Juan. T. Daradoumis, M. Roca, S. E. Grasman and J. Faulin (Eds.), Collaborative and Distributed E-Research: Innovations in Technologies, Strategies and Applications (pp. 1-33). Hershey, Pennsylvania: Information Science Reference.
- Amazan, R. (2012). Gender, Diaspora and Development: The Ethiopian Highly-Skilled Diaspora's Notion of Home and Belonging. In N. Bagnall and E. Cassity (Eds.), Education and Belonging (pp. 139-152). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Kennedy-Clark, S., Galstaun, V. & Anderson, K. (2012). Death in Rome: Using an online game in a pre-service science teacher training course. . In Y. Baek & N. Whitton (Ed.), Cases on digital game-based learning: Methods, models and strategies.
- O'Dea, J. A. & Cinelli, R. (2012). Eating disorder prevention programs on the university campus. In J. A. O'Dea (Ed.), Current Issues and Controversies in School and Community Health, Sport and Physical Education (pp. 91-103). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- O'Dea, J.A. & Cinelli R.L. (2012). Approaches to campus based screening, online interventions, body image improvement and eating disorder prevention among university students. In O'Dea, J.A (Ed.), Current issues and controversies in school and community health, sport and physical education (Vol. 1st quar,), New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- O'Connor, D. & Cupples, B. (2012). Striving for excellence: the talent identification and development pathway. In J. A. O'Dea(Ed.), Current Issues and Controversies in School and Community Health, Sport and Physical Education (pp. 307-319). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Reich, A. & Girdwood, J. (2012). Governing Learning Practices: Governmentality and Practices. In P. Hager, A. Lee and A. Reich (Eds.), Practice, Learning and Change: Practice-Theory Perspectives on Professional Learning (pp. 151-165). Dordrecht: Springer.
- Gorzanelli, M. (2012). Addressing body image issues in Australia's health education classroom: a case for a constructivist approach to media literacy interventions. In J. A. O’Dea (Ed.), Current Issues and Controversies in School and Community Health, Sport and Physical Education (pp. 55-65). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Lebreton, M. (2012). Language as a Sense of Belonging among International School Students: The Case of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. In N. Bagnall and E. Cassity (Eds.), Education and Belonging (pp. 183-194). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Lin, C-C. C. & Hirsh, D. (2012). Manipulating instructional method: The effect on productive vocabulary use. In D. Hirsh (Ed.), Current Perspectives in Second Language Vocabulary Research (pp. 117-148). Bern: Peter Lang AG, International Academic Publishers.
- Lin, C-C. C. (2012). The Nature of Word Learnability in L2 Contexts. In D. Hirsh (Ed.), Current Perspectives in Second Language Vocabulary Research (pp. 57-76). Bern: Peter Lang AG, International Academic Publishers.
- Matsuoka, W. (2012). Searching for the Right Words: Creating Word Lists to Inform EFL Learning. In D. Hirsh (Ed.), Current Perspectives in Second Language Vocabulary Research (pp. 151-177). Bern: Peter Lang AG, International Academic Publishers.
- Moore, J. & Birrell, C. L. (2012). New Ways, Old Ways: Aboriginal Education and Belonging. In N. Bagnall and E. Cassity (Eds.), Education and Belonging (pp. 111-122). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Takayanagi, T. (2012). A Role of Female Teacher in Community Development. In Sawamura, N. and Utsumi, S. (Eds.), Education and Development in Kenya: Dynamics of Educational Research in Africa. Tokyo: Akashi Shoten.
- Zhong, H. (2012). Multidimensional Vocabulary Knowledge: Development from Receptive to Productive Use. In D. Hirsh (Ed.), Current Perspectives in Second Language Vocabulary Research (pp. 23-55). Bern: Peter Lang AG, International Academic Publishers.
- Zuo, W. & Shen, H. (2012). The Uses of Discourse Markers in a Chinese English TV show: A Comparative Analysis. In Y. Yuan and M. Chen (Eds.), Exploration and Research of Foreign Language Teaching and Learning in China: Theory and Practice (pp. 97-121). Shanghai: Fudan University Press.
- Liu, M., Calvo, R., Aditomo, A. & Pizzato, L. (2012). Using Wikipedia and Conceptual Graph Structures to Generate Questions for Academic Writing Support. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, 5(3), 251-263. DOI: 10.1109/TLT.2012.5.
- Bi, Z. (Nick) (2012). The impact of national factors on personnel management: A cross-national examination of HRM practices in Singapore and Thailand. International Journal of Business and Management, 7(13), 21-27.
- Cinelli, R. & O’Dea, J. A. (2012). Body image, desired weight and body figure preferences of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australian women across the lifespan. University of Sydney Papers in Human Movement, Health and Coach Education, 1, pp. 1-15.
- Fryer, L. K., Ginns, P., Walker, R. & Nakao, K. (2012). The adaptation and validation of the CEQ and the R-SPQ-2F to the Japanese tertiary environment. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 82(4), 549-563. DOI: 10.1111/j.2044-8279.2011.02045.x.
- Gardiner, P. & Anderson, M. (2012). Can You Read That Again? Playwriting, Literacy and Reading the 'Spoken' Word. English in Australia, 47(2), 80-89.
- Martin, A. J., Ghasemi-Nejad, H., Colmar, S. & Liem, A. (2012). Adaptability: Conceptual and empirical perspectives on responses to change, novelty and uncertainty. Australian Journal of Guidance and Counselling, 22(1), 58-81. DOI: 10.1017/jgc.2012.8.
- Green, J., Liem, A., Martin, A. J., Colmar, S., Marsh, H. W. & McInerney, D. M. (2012). Academic motivation, self-concept, engagement, and performance in high school: Key processes from a longitudinal perspective. Journal of Adolescence, 35, pp. 1111- 1122. DOI: 10.1016/j.adolescence.2012.02.016.
- Hao, J. & Welch, A. (2012). A Tale of Sea Turtles: Job-Seeking Experiences of Hai Gui (High-Skilled Returnees) in China. Higher Education Policy, 25(2), 243-260. DOI: 10.1057/hep.2012.4.
- Ho, P. (2012). 'I have won a world championship and now I can retire': Exploring normal technical students' ways of unpacking academic expectations in Singapore. International Journal of Educational Development, 32(1), 111-119. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijedudev.2010.12.004.
- Kim, H. K. & Lee, G. S. (2012). Exploring social care services for people with cancer in Australia and Korea (in Korean). The Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, 15(1).
- Madrid, S. (2012). Elites in Their Real Lives: A Chilean Comment on Robinson. Critical Sociology, 38(3), 389-393. DOI: 10.1177/0896920511434269.
- Martinez, C., Martin, A. J., Liem, A. & Colmar, S. (2012). A longitudinal analysis of physical and psychological wellbeing amongst late adolescents: Exploring the transition from school to postschool life. Australian Educational and Developmental Psychologist, 29(1), 17-43. DOI: 10.1017/edp.2012.1.
- O'Dea, J. A. & Mugridge, A. (2012). Nutritional quality of breakfast and physical activity independently predict the literacy and numeracy scores of children after adjusting for socioeconomic status. Health Education Research, 27(6), 975-985. DOI: 10.1093/her/cys069.
- Odlum, E. & O'Connor, D. (2012). An investigation into the birth dates, and anthropometric and physiological characteristics of junior club and representative netball players. University of Sydney Papers in Human Movement, Health and Coach Education, 1, pp. 95-106.
- Petschler, J. (2012). Priorities and flexibility, trust and transparency: Conducting educational research from inside the school. Qualitative Research Journal, 12(2), 165-172. DOI: 10.1108/14439881211248310.
- Rawlings, V. & Russell, K. (2012). Gender control - (Re) framing bullying, harassment and gender regulation. University of Sydney Papers in Human Movement, Health and Coach Education, 1, pp. 17-27.
- Wood, P. B., Spandagou, I. & Evans, D. (2012). Principals' confidence in managing disruptive student behaviour. Exploring geographical context in NSW primary schools. School Leadership & Management, 32(4), 375-395. DOI: 10.1080/13632434.2012.708329.
- Aditomo, A., Thompson, K. & Reimann, P. (2012). Examining System Dynamics Models Together: Using Variation Theory to Identify Learning Opportunities in Online Collaboration. In J. Aalst, K. Thompson, M. J. Jacobson, and P. Reimann (Eds.), 10th International Conference of the Learning Sciences: The Future of Learning. Proceedings, Volume 2 - Short Papers, Symposia, & Abstracts (pp. 441-445). Sydney, Australia, 2-6 July 2012.
- Calvo, R., Aditomo, A., Southavilay, V. & Yacef-Cullum, K. (2012). The use of text and process mining techniques to study the impact of feedback on students' writing processes. In J. Aalst, K. Thompson, M. J. Jacobson and P. Reimann(Eds.), The Future of Learning: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS 2012), Volume 2 - Short Papers, Symposia, & Abstracts (pp. 416-420). Sydney, Australia, 2-6 July 2012.
- Anderson, K., Kennedy-Clark, S. & Galstaun, V. (2012). Using Video-Feedback and Annotations to develop ICT Competency in Pre-service Teacher Education. In J. Wright (Ed.), Proceedings of the 2012 Joint International Conference of the Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) and the Asia Pacific Educational Research Association (APERA), University of Sydney, Australia, 2-6 December 2012.
- Chan, Y.Y.Y. (2012). I AM, I HAVE, I CAN: A Singaporean study on promoting well-being and developing resilience in preschool children. MCYS Child Care Seminar 2012: Creating Collaborative Communities for Excellence, Singapore, 5 October 2012.
- Chan, Y.Y.Y. (2012). I AM, I HAVE, I CAN. A Singaporean study on well-being and its development of resilience in preschool children. PECERA Building a Community of Researchers: Children at the Heart of Research, Singapore, 20-22 July 2012.
- Goulding, J., Bloomfield, D & Reimann, P. (2012). An analysis of how the teaching practicum is assessed in Australia and resulting potentials for IT innovation. 2012 ATEE Winter Conference - Professional development of teacher educators: Bringing together policy, practice and research, University of Coimbra, Portugal, 2-4 April 2012.
- Galstaun, V., Kennedy-Clark, S. & Anderson, K. (2012). Using TPACK to inform curriculum redesign in pre-service teacher education courses. In P. Newhouse & J. Pagram (Eds.), Australian Computers in Education Conference 2012 - Refereed Proceedings, Wesley College, South Perth, Australia, 2-5 October, 2012.
- Lodge, J., & Lewis, M.J. (2012). Pigeon pecks and mouse clicks: Putting the learning back into learning analytics. Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE) 2012 conference: Future Challenges, Wellington, New Zealand, 25-28 November 2012.
- Watson, K., McIntyre, S. (2012). "Too hard, too busy": A case study in overcoming these barriers to online teaching. In Lam, P. ICEL 2012 - 7th International Conference on E-Learning (pp. 453–460), Hong Kong, 21-22 June 2012.
- McIntyre, S. (2012). Exploring a Rhizomic Model for the Design and Dissemination of Professional Development in Online Teaching. In Lam, P. ICEL 2012 - 7th International Conference on E-Learning (pp. 492–501), Hong Kong, 21-22 June 2012.
- Newman, H., Wong, M. & Evans, D. (2012). Teacher Subject Matter Knowledge of Number Sense. In J. Dindyal, L. P. Cheng and S. F. Ng (Ed.), Mathematics education: Expanding horizons. Proceedings of the 35th annual conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia (pp. 130-137), Singapore, 2-6 July 2012.
- Parisio, M. (2012). Enabling student autonomy: Learning spaces and emerging technologies. Centre for Information Technology in Education (CITE) Research Symposium, CITERS 2012, University of Hong Kong, 15-16 June 2012.
- Tseris, E. (2012). The Social Construction of Traumatised Young Women. Madness: 5th Global Conference, Oxford, England, 30 August-1 September 2012.
- Voola, A. (2012). Gender inequalities: Enduring and emerging paradigms. In A. Broom and L. Cheshire (Eds.), Emerging and enduring inequalities: the annual conference of The Australian Sociological Association 2012 (TASA), Brisbane, Australia, 26-29 November 2012.
- Voola, A. & Voola, R. (2012). Understanding how marketing can really help the poor: Viewing Bottom of the Pyramid with Sen's Capability Lens. Proceedings of the Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference ANZMAC 2012 - "Sharing the Cup of Knowledge", Adelaide, 3-5 December 2012.
- Voola, A.P. (2012). Sustainability and Microfinance: The challenge for Australia. Australia and New Zealand Third Sector Research Conference Proceedings - Sustainability and the Third Sector, The Baha'i Centre, Hobart, Australia, 21 - 23 November 2012.