Higher-degree research being undertaken by Kashmira Dave
CSCL in Higher Education: Design approaches using patterns and pattern languages
Kashmira’s PhD project focuses on educational design in higher education in technology-supported environments. One of the main focuses is to understand the task design process from teachers. Looking in to how the design is interpreted by the students is another key aspect of the research. Feeding back the information about students’ interpretation would close the loop and teachers could have valuable information on possible modifications to the design. For more information on Kashmira's project please click here.
Kashmira Dave has been attached to CoCo for the past 10 years. She has done her Master of Education by Research and is currently doing her PhD with CoCo. The most important thing Kashmira has learned from her affiliation with CoCo is to be independent. Throughout her study Kashmira has had great opportunities to interact with experts in her field and her fellow PhD students. She considers it to have been a great experience.
- 2008 Thomas and Ethel Mary Ewing Doctoral scholarship
- 2010 NSW Institute of Educational Research Student Research Grant
- 2011 ASCILITE Community Mentoring Program
Professional and community roles
- Member of the NSW Institute for Educational Research
- Member of the Australian Society for Computers In Learning In Tertiary Education
- Bourne, R. Dave, K. & Kench, P. Assessment of Learning Using a Remote Access Magnetic Resonance Imaging Laboratory. International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education, Special issue on assessing labs, Submitted April 2015
- Pockett, R. Walker, E. & Dave, K. (2010). Last Orders: Dying in a hospital setting. Australian Social Work, 63(3)
- Dave, K. (1997). Gravitational Radiation Detector. Physics Education, April-June, pg 20-30
- Appraising mobile maths Apps: The TPACK Model. The Australian Computers in Education Conference. Adelaide, Australia, 30 Sept-3 Oct 2014.
- Design patterns for computer-supported group work. ascilite 2009 p. 178-183. Auckland, NZ, 7-9 Dec 2009.
- A concept paper on the " utility of educational satellite for secondary education in India" for the satellite launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) named EDUSAT (acronym for EDUcational SATellite ) Jan 2004
- School restoration Program in Kutchchh-Bhuj after 2001 earthquake (2001), SNDT University, Mumbai, India