Master of Teaching applications 2014
Applications for the 2014 intake of the Master of Teaching program will open from Friday, August 30, 2013. The closing date for first round applications is Friday, November 1, 2013. Applications submitted after this date will be considered in the second round of offers, which close on Friday, January 10, 2014.
Before submitting an application, please read through the following important information, in order to fully understand the application process.
There is no Semester Two intake for this program
How to apply
Applications must be made online by clicking on the appropriate link below. In addition to the online application process, applicants must upload a supplementary form and supporting documentation.
Online application process:
- Access the online application process by clicking on the appropriate link below.
- Select your entry year and click Apply.
- If this is your first application, select New Applicant. If you have previously applied online for another course at Sydney University, select I have an applicant ID.
- Enter in your personal details, create a username and password, agree to the terms and conditions, and click Proceed.
Please record and keep your username and password in a safe place. You will need to enter these details in order to access your application and accept your offer.
- Read the important information on the following pages and click Proceed.
- Document upload – the following page will present a list of supporting documentation to upload. Please note, you do not need to upload all of the documentation listed here. The only documentation needed for the Master of Teaching application is:
a. Proof of your identity and residency status, such as your passport photo page, birth certificate, citizenship certificate and visa details.
b. A full official transcript of your academic records for each course attempted (not applicable if your previous study was completed at the University of Sydney).
c. Evidence of satisfying the University’s English language requirement, such as a valid IELTS or TOEFL test results (if the majority of your undergraduate study was completed in a country where English is not the first language).
d. Additional document - completed Master of Teaching Supplementary Form.
e. Additional document - personal statement (max. 250 words) responding to the questions under section 7 of the Master of Teaching Supplementary form.
- Your course options – enter any additional course preferences, and click Save and Continue.
- Your personal information – enter your details, mailing address, home address, contact details, residency details, course applications and enrolment status, and click Save and Continue.
- Scholarships – enter any applicable scholarships or sponsorships details, and click Save and Continue.
- Your qualifications – enter your English language proficiency, record of exclusion, highest qualification details, secondary school studies, academic qualifications, and academic prizes or awards, and click Save and Continue.
- Further References – please ignore this step and click Save and Continue. These details are not considered when assessing Master of Teaching applications.
- Declaration – read and agree to the declaration and click Submit.
What happens after I submit my application?
After you submit your application, and provided you have submitted all the required documentation (see step 6 above), your application will be forwarded to the Faculty for assessment. You can see if your application is with the Faculty by checking the application status in the application portal.
First round offers will be sent by email in mid-November 2013. If you receive an offer by email, please ensure you login to the application portal to accept your offer.
If you do not receive an offer in the first round, you application will automatically be considered for second round. Second round offers will be sent by email in early February 2014.
The following links will take you to the appropriate online application portal. Please note, it will not be possible to commence the online application process until Friday 30th August 2013.