The Faculty of Education and Social Work offers a number of undergraduate degrees that lead to directly to qualifications recognised in Australia and overseas in teaching or social work.
Across-discipline general electives
The Faculty of Education and Social Work has developed a series of practical electives designed specifically to meet the demands of modern students from all faculties and professions. The electives are based on the key common principles of relevancy, a robust academic platform, engaging delivery, and expert and experienced teachers. Read more...
Across-discipline Study Abroad and Exchange electives
Over the past decade, the faculty has listened to the needs of incoming Study Abroad and Exchange students. The result is range of units of study, each of which is specifically designed for international students from across the academic spectrum, rather than from the disciplines of education and social work. All revolve around a robust academic platform and are supported by real-life experiences. A genuine experience of Australian culture in the Australian environment is central to every Study Abroad unit offered by the faculty. What this means for Study Abroad and Exchange students is that they can now live in and learn about Australia ... and receive academic credit for it. Read more...
Undergraduate courses in social work
Undergraduate courses in education
- Diploma in Education (Aboriginal) Enrolments of new students in this program have been suspended for 2015 to allow for redesign and revitalisation of the course content. Applications for 2016 will be advertised in 2015.
- BEd (Early Childhood Education)
- BEd (Primary Education)
- BEd (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Aboriginal Studies) Entry to this program is exclusively via completion of the DipEd (Aboriginal). Students will be allowed to enrol in the BEd(AbStud) in 2015 but the DipEd(Aboriginal) will be in abeyance to allow for redesign and revitalisation. Applications for admission to the DipEd (Aboriginal) 2016 will be advertised in 2015.
- BEd (Secondary Education: Humanities and Social Sciences), BA
- BEd (Secondary Education: Science), BSc
- BEd (Secondary Education: Mathematics), BSc