Choosing a group assessment task
Assessment tasks should have a clear connection with the learning outcomes of the Unit of Study. Consider the following questions when choosing assessment tasks:
- How will the assessment task contribute towards the overall goals of the Unit of Study?
- How will the assessment task prompt students to apply their new skills and ideas?
- How does the task relate to other assessment tasks in your Unit of Study and others?
- Does the task assess what the students know and can do?
- How will the assessment task motivate students to engage in the Unit of Study?
- How does the loading of the assessment task compare with those in other Units of Study?
It is helpful to provide students with a list of the learning outcomes that are being addressed by each assessment task. A simple table can be provided, for example: