Online learning and teaching methods
Many face-to-face group work activities can be adapted for use in the online context.
Online learning and teaching methods include:
- virtual environments such as WebCT
- electronic forms of communication such as chat rooms, email, videoconferencing
- interactive learning activities such as discipline based software, workplace simulations
- use of online resources such as web links, e-journals
- interactive assessment tasks such as PBL, online quizzes, e-learning portfolios.
A number of challenging online learning and teaching activities can be found at the Worchester Polytechnic Institute website.