Implementing the new English K–10 syllabus
With the introduction of the new English K–10 Syllabus, this one-day conference offers all teachers of English a unique opportunity to build their professional knowledge and understanding of the new curriculum, and to engage in practical workshops that are directly relevant to implementing the Australian Curriculum in English in NSW. The sessions will include:
- orientation to the new syllabus
- key similarities and differences between the current and incoming English K–10 curriculum
- practical approaches to planning and programming, including through the use of an online programming tool
- practical examples of units of work and scope and sequence for English K–10
- resources and suggestions for text selection, K–10.
- When: 9am–3pm
- Where: Education Building A35, Manning Rd, University of Sydney
Click image for interactive map.
- Cost: $264 per person, including GST
Supervising teachers who mentor preservice teacher-education students from the Faculty of Education and Social Work may elect to redirect their professional experience mentoring payment towards the cost of this workshop.
- More info: http://sydney.edu.au/education_social_work/professional_learning/teachers/2014/index.shtml
- Speakers: Don Carter, Robyn Ewing, Jackie Manuel and Bill Spence