Getting to the University
The Professional Learning offices and Seminar Room 612 are located in the Education Building (A35), central on the University's main campus at Camperdown.
- See our office and venue locations on a Google Map and get directions
- Download a printer friendly map of the University (127KB PDF) - Map Ref G4
- Go to the University of Sydney guide maps
- Go to the Education Building's online disability access map (click on "accessible entrances" check box under amenities)
- Get information about travelling from the airport to the campus.
If coming by train, alight at either Town Hall Station (George Street) in the City or Central Station (Railway Square) and transfer to a bus to continue to the University. Alternatively, the Education Building is a 20 minute walk from Redfern Station through Darlington. When you exit the station turn left and head west down Lawson Street, then left again into Abercrombie Street. At the next intersection turn right into Shepherd Street and follow the University walkway into the Darlington side of the campus.
From 4.30pm MondayFriday during semester, the University operates a free shuttle bus service to and from Redfern Station which runs approximately every 1015 minutes. The best place to catch this bus to ensure a seat is outside Fisher Library.
Download a bus travel guide (1.5MB PDF 8 pages) with full details of the public bus routes servicing the Camperdown campus.
Buses run frequently from the City via Railway Square, and stop on both the Parramatta Road and City Road sides of the Camperdown campus. This trip takes 1020 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
From the City
- from Castlereagh Street via Railway Square: Bus routes 422, 423, 426, 428
Alight on City Road at the main University gates (closest for events in the Eastern Avenue Complex or the New Law Building)
- from George Street via Railway Square: Bus routes 412, 413, 435, 436, 437, 438, 440, 461, 483
Alight on Parramatta Road at the Footbridge Theatre (closest for events in the Education Building or the Holme Building).
- between Leichhardt and Coogee, via Annandale, Glebe, Newtown, St Peters and Kensington:
Bus route 370. Alight on City Road at the University gates
- between Bondi Junction and Marrickville, via Paddington, Darlinghurst, Surry Hills, Cleveland Street and Newtown:
Bus route 352. Alight on City Road at the University gates
- between Leichhardt and Maroubra Junction, via Camperdown, the City, Darlinghurst, Kensington and Kingsford:
Metrobus m10. Alight on Parramatta Road at the University
- between Mosman and Sydenham, via Neutral Bay, the City, Chippendale, Newtown and Enmore:
Metrobus m30. Alight on City Road at the University gates.
For the following routes, alight at Town Hall in the City and connect with metrobus m10 in Park Street or m30 on George Street.
- between Gore Hill and Mascot, via Crows Nest, North Sydney, the City, Waterloo and Rosebery:
- between Chatswood and Bondi Junction, via Willoughby, Naremburn, the City, Darlinghurst and Paddington:
- between Drummoyne and Coogee, via Rozelle, the City, Darlinghurst, Moore Park and Randwick: