Successful Learning Conference 2009
BUILDING PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITIES
Monday 6 & Tuesday 7 July 2009 Harold Park Function Centre, Sydney Australia
On this page:
Conference Convenor: Associate Professor David Evans
This annual conference focuses on issues and developments concerning the education of students K12 who experience difficulties learning in the mainstream classroom setting. SLC aims to advance the provision of quality education programs for these students with additional learning needs.
Areas addressed during this conference will include accountability and assessment, behaviour management, literacy and numeracy, social skills instruction, and results of research projects being conducted in schools. Presentations will be made by academics, consultants, and practitioners from all education sectors within New South Wales and invited speakers from interstate and overseas.
Participants may attend the conference as a stand alone event, or as part of the Certificate in Educational Studies (Learning Support). For teachers living outside the wider Sydney metropolitan region, it is possible to attend the Tuesday evening certificate workshops by video-conference.
Download the program - 2 page pdf file (draft as at 23 June)
- Professor Mary Brownell, Professor of Special Education, College of Education, University of Florida
Mon: Effective Special Education Teachers: How They Help Students with Disabilities Learn
Tue: Crafting Effective Professional Development: Individual Teacher and Contextual Considerations that Must be Made
- Professor Stephen Smith, Professor of Special Education, College of Education, University of Florida
- Dr Lorraine Hammond, Faculty of Education and Arts, Edith Cowan University
- Associate Professor Deslea Konza, Faculty of Education and Arts, Edith Cowan University
- , Principal, Beresford Road Public School
- Professor Robert Conway, Dean of School of Education, Flinders University
- Associate Professor David Evans, Associate Professor of Special Education, The University of Sydney
Download a registration form (PDF) | Fees per person GST inclusive. Group rate applies to two or more participants from the same school or organisation.
|Conference - 2 days (Mon 6 & Tue 7 Jul)
|Conference - 1 day (Mon 6 or Tue 7 Jul)||$200
|Certificate in Educational Studies (2 day conference + 5 workshops)
|Optional assessment tasks (for upgrade to postgraduate credit)||$400
Email , or phone 02 9351 8520 (Wed to Fri)