Friday 8 May 2009 9am3pm
During this course participants will:
- briefly revisit the reading process and the integration of the cueing systems
- identify the reading strategies that we all use to gain meaning from texts and which aid comprehension
- identify how these reading strategies such as predicting and inferring can be explicitly taught through modelled, shared, guided and independent reading and writing opportunities.
The course will consist of lecture presentation supported with DVDs, structured discussion and small-group tasks.
Robyn Wild has worked for the NSW Department of Education and Training as a classroom teacher, assistant principal, literacy consultant and senior curriculum officer in the Early Learning Unit. She works part-time at Macquarie University in the Education Faculty and the Institute of Early Childhood and at the University of Sydney.
"Robyn is a warm, engaging presenter." 2008 course participant
Fees & Registration (GST inclusive)
Individuals $200 | Groups $185 per person (2 or more registrations from the same school)
Download a registration form (PDF)
Education Building (A35), Manning Rd, The University of Sydney, Camperdown
View an online map (Map Ref 13G) | Download a map of the University of Sydney (PDF)
- Let's Get Started..., 27 March
- Teaching Reading Within a Balanced Literacy Program, 5 June
- Teaching Writing Within a Balanced Literacy Program, 14 August
- Certificate in Primary Literacy Education, conference + workshops: SeptemberOctober