About the China Education Centre 中国教育中心概况
The China Education Centre acts as a non-profit organisation for the development of educational, cultural and professional links between Australia and China. It was established following the visit to China of a group of comparative educators from the University of Sydney in 1972.
- encourages the interchange of information and opinion which shapes Australia-China relations
- provides services to the University's wider community, comprising academics, teachers, professional/business people and Sinophiles
- provides teaching in courses for visiting study-groups of teacher educators, educational administrators, teachers, scholars and students and in the formal academic program of the faculty by invitation
- conducts research in individual and cooperative programs, with interests across many areas of education in China, as well as in the economic, political, cultural social and linguistic contexts of education
- translates documents from China
- holds the "China Collection"
- provides assistance to Visiting Scholars from China
- provides placement of Australian students and scholars in China.