Research grants 2012
Research Grants - 2012 ArchivePage archived at: Mon, 10 December 2012 09:42:32 +1000
- A comparative study of international mindedness in the IB Diploma Programmes in Australia, China and India
Sriprakash, A. & Singh, M. (UWS)
International Baccalaureate Organisation: 2012-2013
- Anticipation and decision - making skill: from testing to training (LP120100243)
O'Connor, D., Goodyear, P., Jacobson, M. J. & Causer, J.
ARC Linkage Project: 2012-2014; $327,000. Partner: Football Federation Australia
- Inspiring Australia - General public learning for involvement in marine science
Inspiring Australia - Unlocking Australia's Potential grant, 2012-2014
- National educational goals, schools and building democratic citizens for the future (DP120103057)
ARC Discovery Project: 2012-2014, $160,000.
- Nutritional supplements and weight gain behaviours in male adolescents from 2000-2010: Implications for anti-doping interventions and school education
O'Dea, J. A.
Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Anti-Doping Research Program: 2012-2013
- Rugby Union Players Association (RUPA) Player Surveys Project
Australian Rugby Union (ARU): 2012
- School retention through alternative schooling: towards a socially just approach to education (DP120100620)
Hayes, D.,Mills, M. (UQ), McGregor, G. (Griffith) & Te Riele, K. (UTS)
ARC Discovery Project: 2012-2014
- Stakeholder perceptions of IELTS as a gateway to the professional workplace in the case of employers of overseas trained teachers
Cruickshank, K., Murray, J. (Macquarie University) & Cross, J. (TAFE NSW)
International English Language Testing System: 2012
- Academic Buoyancy and Academic Resilience: New Approaches to Examining and Understanding Adversity and Setback in the Academic Domain (FT0991314)
ARC Future Fellowship: 2009-2013
- Comprehensive support for collaborative writing: visualising argument, text and process structures
Reimann, P., Calvo, R. A., & Yacef, K.
ARC Discovery project: 20092013
- Empowering teachers of middle years mathematics: Becoming self-directed learners (LP110200596)
Bobis, J., Way, J. & Anderson, J.
ARC Linkage Project: 2011-2014, with industry partners: Catholic Schools Office
- Exploring the Effects of Boarding School on Academic and Non-academic Outcomes: A Longitudinal Study of Boarding and Day Students (LP0990853)
Martin, A., Ginns, P. & Hawkes, T. (Australian Boarding Schools Association Ltd)
ARC Linkage Project: 2009-2012
- Glebe community development project 2010 to 2011
Rawsthorne, M., Napier, L., Irwin, J., McCormick, J. (NSW Department of Housing) & Walsh, K. (NSW Department of Housing)
Department of Housing (NSW): Central Sydney Region: 2010-2013
- Images, Perceptions and Resources: Enhancing Australia's Role in China's English Language Education (LP100200397)
Shen, H., Kettle, M. (UTS), Ewing, R. & Luke, A. (UTS)
ARC Linkage Project: 2011-2014, with industry partners: Fudan University Press
- An Investigation of Ethnicity, Socio-Economic Status and Social Networks as Drivers of Childhood Obesity and Body Image Among Children and Adolescents (DP110105115)
O'Dea, J. A., Dibley, M. & Hossain, L.
ARC Discovery Project: 2011-2013
- Learning, technology and design: the architecture of productive learning environments (FL100100203)
ARC Australian Laureate Fellowship: 2010-2015
- Learning the Complexity of Scientific Knowledge about Climate Change with Computer Modelling and Visualization Technologies (LP100100594)
Jacobson, M. J., Cherry, H. (NSW Department of Environment and Climate Change), O'Reilly, R. (NSW Department of Education and Training) & Markauskaite, L.
ARC Linkage Project: 2010-2013, with industry partners: Centre for Learning Innovation (NSW)
- The making of market society on a world scale: social experience and social theory from the global south (DP110102372)
ARC Discovery Project: 2011-2013
- Maximising the potential of Australia's language resources: exploring and developing languages across sectors, schools and communities (LP110100441)
Cruickshank, K., Chen, H. (UOW), Kerkyasharian, S. (Community Relations Commission of New South Wales), Morgan, L. (UTS), O'Grady, S. (CEO), Olah, K. (NSW Department of Education and Training), Wright, J. (UOW) & Tsung, L. T.
ARC Linkage Project: 2011-2013, with industry partners: Department of Education and Training (NSW) and Catholic Education Office (Sydney)
- The Millennium Child: New Frontiers in Understanding the Adaptability of Children and Young People (DP0986689)
ARC Discovery Project: 2009-2012
- Multi-user Virtual Environments and Research into the Learning and Transfer of Scientific Knowledge and Inquiry Skills (DP1093170)
Jacobson, M. J., Richards, D. (MQ), Kapur, M. (NIE, Singapore) & Taylor, C.
ARC Discovery Project: 2010-2012
- Peopling Educational Policy: Realising the new Australian English and Mathematics Curricula (LP110100062)
Freebody, P., Sullivan, P. (Monash), Albright, J. (UON), Clarke, D. (UniMelb), Farrell, L. (UTS) & Clarke, D. (ACU)
ARC Linkage Project: 2011-2014, with industry partners: ACARA and CEO
- Reading by design: An international study on 21st century reading processes
Simpson, A., Rowsell, J. (BrockU), Walsh, M., Gallagher, T. (BrockU), McQuirter Scott, R. (BrockU), Fisher, D. (SDSU) & Lapp, D. (SDSU).
National Research Council Canada 2011-2013
- Rethinking timelines: a new methodology for describing and communicating history (LP0776254)
Johnson, I., Reimann, P., Robertson, S., Crayford, M. (Australian National Maritime Museum), Mostern, R. (UCMERCED) & Tardif, R. (Macquarie Library)
ARC Linkage: 2007-2012
- Supporting delivery of trainers and training around the Early Years Learning Framework for remote communities: Resources, training packages, Training and on-going support
Elliott, A. & Taylor, C. (CDU)
DEEWR 2011-2012, University of Sydney 2012-2013
- Working from the Ground Up: A Participatory Approach to Community Regeneration in Public Housing Neighbourhoods (LP0882776)
Irwin, J., Maljkovic, M. (Department of Housing), Baldry, E. (UNSW), Vinson, T. & Goodwin, S.
ARC Linkage Project: 2008-2012, with industry partners: Department of Housing