EOOnline - Fair Play on Campus
EOOnline is a self-paced online professional development program in equal opportunity, discrimination and harassment issues for all University staff.
EOOnline aims to support a positive environment at the University of Sydney in which all students and staff are treated fairly and equitably by providing:
- theoretical knowledge and a practical understanding of how to apply equal opportunity principles in work and study environments;
- real life case studies, examples and interactive learning techniques for self-assessment.
By working through the two EOOnline modules, you will:
- learn how to deal with and prevent discrimination and harassment in your workplace;
- understand your legal rights and responsibilities to achieve a discrimination and harassment free campus;
- increase your awareness of equity policies, issues and strategies at the University of Sydney;
- have a reference for dealing with grievances.
EOOnline was created for the Australian higher education sector by a consortium of Australian universities.
All staff at the University of Sydney should familiarise themselves with the information in EOOnline, to be aware of your rights and responsibilities under anti-discrimination legislation and the University's Code of Conduct and policy.
EOOnline consists of two modules:
Module 1 "What you need to know".
- For all academic and general staff at the University of Sydney.
- New staff should complete Module 1 within their probation period.
- Managers should encourage their staff to complete Module 1.
- Students are also welcome to review Module 1.
- For staff with management or supervisory responsibilities (including supervision of students).
- For members of recruitment and promotions committees.
- For Human Resources staff.
- Other staff are also welcome to complete Module 2.
Enter EOOnline here.
You will need approximately 2-3 hours to complete both modules.
Hint: You can complete EOOnline at one or more sessions. If you do not complete the program during one session, you can use your browser to bookmark the page you were working on, then return to it when convenient.
When you complete a module, you will be asked to enter some details to confirm completion, give your feedback on the program, and then submit your details. The completion page information will be logged with the Staff and Student Equal Opportunity Unit. Your answers to self-assessment questions will not be recorded. Your constructive feedback on EOOnline is welcomed, and will be used for a yearly review of the program.
You will receive a Certificate of Attainment on completion of each module.
You can also bookmark and revisit EOOnline as an online resource.
If you have any problems accessing the program, please contact the Staff and Student Equal Opportunity Unit for assistance on 9351 2212 or .
The University of Sydney is an equal opportunity employer and educator. We value merit, equity and diversity in our student body and integrity, professionalism and collegiality in our staff. The University is committed to its objective of attracting, rewarding and retaining staff of outstanding quality and international standing, by ensuring that barriers to employment are removed and participation of equal opportunity groups is supported.
The University provides access to an equal opportunity online workshop, designed for both academic and general staff in the higher education sector. The program is called EOOnline: Fair Play on Campus. The purpose of EOOnline is to provide staff with professional development in equal opportunity and discrimination issues, and their application on campus.
I ask all staff to become familiar with the principles and practice of equal opportunity through EOOnline.
All staff are welcome to complete both modules, but should complete Module 1 as a minimum requirement of employment. Supervisors of staff and students will find useful information in Module 2 on equal opportunity management principles and practice. I especially recommend staff in the following categories, who have not already done so, to undertake EOOnline as set out below:
- Managers and supervisors, both modules, within a month.
- Human Resources staff, both modules, within a month.
- Members of Recruitment or Promotions Committees, both modules, before their next committee participation.
- New staff, in the month following their commencement of employment.
I commend EOOnline to you.
Dr Michael Spence
Vice-Chancellor and Principal