About the Staff and Student Equal Opportunity Unit
The Staff and Student Equal Opportunity Unit works with the University community to achieve the University's Strategic aims.
The Staff and Student Equal Opportunity Unit is responsible for:
- providing policy advice to staff on harassment and discrimination
- providing equal opportunity policy development, promotion and training for staff and students
- coordinating and monitoring equity programs and initiatives
- providing information and advice to staff and students on equal opportunity matters
- resolving individual staff and student concerns about harassment and discrimination
- overseeing the University's Harassment and Discrimination Resolution procedure
- monitoring and reporting to external bodies on the University's progress in the equal opportunity area
Every student and employee at the University of Sydney has the right to expect from their fellow students and colleagues behaviour that reflects key values set out in our Codes of Conduct for students and staff, irrespective of background, beliefs or culture. Every student and employee has a right to expect from the University equitable practices that preserve and promote equal opportunity to access, participate, and excel in their chosen field.