Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Staff Network and Portal
"It's our voice"
The University of Sydney Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Staff Network promotes sharing of experiences, networking and professional support for career development and mentoring. It is supported by the Wingara Mura – Bunga Barrabugu strategy that aims to increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation, engagement, education and research at Sydney.
About the Staff Network
The Staff Network aims to:
- Ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff are empowered and confident in the University setting to express their identity safely and proudly;
- Present opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Academic and General Staff to meet, share stories and ideas and draw on peer support and multi-disciplinary mentoring opportunities at social, networking and professional development meetings and events;
- Support Aboriginal self-determination by empowering staff to choose their own career paths, goals and objectives and access development opportunities to increase their own knowledge, remuneration and self-sufficiency;
- Facilitate sustainable channels for Aboriginal staff to actively engage with and contribute to the University's agenda, structure and policy;
- Provide a forum for safe and confident exploration and discussion of cross-cultural issues to heighten cultural competence;
- Establish a peer network to support, orient and welcome new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff to Sydney;
- Recognise the achievements of Sydney’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff;
- Celebrate the importance of identity, community and shared knowledge in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, values and life.
The University of Sydney Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Staff Network supports a web portal and member-only intranet that facilitates staff discussion and sharing, provides easy internal access to key services, data and events, and promotes initiatives including online access to professional development opportunities, virtual networks and a clearinghouse.
Log on to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Staff Network portal using your UniKey and password here.
This is a members-only portal – if you'd like access or have any questions please contact Vladimir Williams