On completing the course participants will have:
- identified their strengths and approaches to leadership
- acquired techniques to enhance their leadership capabilities
- consolidated directions for career progression and networking, and
- developed skills to enable them to fulfil their role as effective leaders within the University of Sydney environment.
Participants are not required to be in a management position; however, some leadership or supervisory experience is desirable. They will be expected to:
- engage in reading, discussion and dialogue about leadership ideas and concepts
- contribute current personal leadership challenges as the basis for applying and critically evaluating leadership theories, and
- reflect on their learning and implications for further professional development.
To esnure the content is relevant different sessions of the Leadership Development Program are targeted at different groups of women.
The Leadership Development Program: Developing Women Leaders is facilitated by Amanda Phillips and Jo Perkins from APA Training & Development. Amanda and Jo are external consultants who have extensive management and leadership training experience in the Australian higher education sector.
The program will also draw on the skills and experience of senior staff from the University of Sydney.
The program is funded by the University of Sydney. Sponsorship requests will be considered for:
- travel and accommodation costs for participants from remote campuses, and
- in exceptional circumstances, teaching release funds for teaching staff.
- New dates coming soon!