In the office of the DVC (Education), Sydney eLearning works with the University community to develop integrated learning space and eLearning systems appropriately into the student learning experience.
These projects and development occur in the areas of
- Integration of enterprise technology infrastructure for award course programs and units of study with faculties
- Academic development programs and staff training with Institute of Teaching and Learning and University ICT
- Student support and resource development with the Learning Centres
- Learning Space development with ICT, CIS and Student services
- Campus planning with the office of the DVC (Strategic Management),
- Campus Infrastructure Services and committee structures
- Business Intelligence development through metrics development with the Office of Information and Planning
- Mobile Resources development with ICT and Marketing and Communications
Activities arising from these collaborations are reported at periodic intervals to the SEG (Education), SEG (Infrastructure and Finance), SEG (Curriculum and Course Planning), SEG (University Services), and SEG (Alumni and Marketing) committees.
The Director of eLearning and Learning Space represents the DVC (Education) on a number of SEG committees and convenes the SEG (Learning Space) sub-committee which reports to SEG (Education). This committee has operational oversight of the roll-out of learning networks in formal, informal and virtual learning and teaching space.
The activities of Sydney eLearning are shaped by;
- the University’s strategic plan 2011-2015
- the Education Portfolio’s education plan see URL http://sydney.edu.au/education-portfolio/strategic-priorities/
- Strategic University Reports such as the University Learning and Teaching Space Review