These workshops advance from the fundamentals workshops. It is recommended that staff complete a fundamentals workshop before enrolling in any of the focus workshops.
Participants in these workshops will gain greater awareness of best practices in utilising the tools in the university learning management system for enhancing the student experience across the virtual and physical learning spaces.
Focus workshops offer professional development in the areas of:
- Communications - blogs, discussions, journals, and wikis
- Grade Centre
- Tests and surveys
All workshops are held in the:
eLearning Academic Development Room
Level 3 - G12 Services Building, Darlington Campus
- Monday 11 March, 2013 – Focus on Assignments (10.00am – 12.00pm)
- Friday 15 March, 2013 – Focus on Communications (10.00am – 12.00pm)
- Monday 18 March, 2013 – Focus on Tests and Surveys (2.00pm – 4.00pm)
- Wednesday 20 March, 2013 – Focus on Groups (10.00am – 12.00pm)
These workshops are not suitable for those who are unfamiliar with the basic design and navigation of the University LMS.
Generally, participants will have created and/or taught with a site in the University LMS. There will be opportunities in this workshop for participants to gain assistance with specific design and functionality questions.
Upcoming Refresher Workshops
- no workshops currently scheduled