Teaching and Learning Capital (TLC)
The TLC projects are aligned with the University’s Education Strategy, improving the student experience through provision of integrated learning space. Through the funding provided by the Federal Government’s Teaching and Learning Capital Fund (TLC) and its Building Better Universities Renewal Fund (BURF), the University Learning Networks program will provide formal and informal teaching and learning spaces. Our current projects include:
- Creation of an informal learning hub in the Peter Nicol Russell Building
- Creation of an informal student learning hub in Carslaw building at street level
- Development of a small postgraduate shared desk facility in the Wallace building
- A refurbishment of three floors of the Fisher Library
- The establishment of a 'Virtual Desktop' model of software provision and support to improve the sustainability and quality of the provision of disciplinary-specific software to students and faculties
The completion of these projects will ensure improved provision of learning spaces, ensuring seamless movement between formal and informal learning. These projects will provide high quality ICT enabled informal learning spaces, improvement and enhancement of large and medium sized formal teaching spaces incorporating state of the art AV and ICT, high quality library services and infrastructure to support various learning styles, collaborative learning, communication and various scenarios and flexible learning venues for research training and supporting lifelong learning.
This project incorporates the creation of an informal student learning hub in the Peter Russel Nicol Building linking Maze Green and the Engineering Lawn.
The creation of an informal student learning hub in the Carslaw building at street level.
The development of a small postgraduate shared desk facility at the back of the Wallace building to trial a management model for shared desks.
A refurbishment of three floors of the Fisher Library, both the podium and the stack, to improve the fabric and services to students and staff.