Web conferencing and collaboration
Successful online learning requires engagement with students. As a instructor in your Unit of Study website, you play a key role in ensuring your students have a great experience, one that facilitates engagement, discussion, interaction, and collaboration.
Blackboard collaborate is a web conferencing and collaboration tool that allows you to:
- teach in virtual classrooms
- conduct webinars
- show virtual presentations and whiteboard
- provide a virtual office for meeting with individual students
- participate in audio chat with participants on mobile devices
Web Conferencing interface
The Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing interface consists of the following areas:
- The Menu bar, containing the File, Edit, View, Tools, Windows and Help menus.
- The Audio and Video panel, enabling you to participate in conversations either using a microphone and speakers (or headset) or via a teleconference. You also can transmit and receive Video during the session, and preview your video before transmitting it.
- The Participants panel, providing a list of all Participants and Moderators in the session. Above the Participants list is a small toolbar containing buttons for participants to raise their hands or step away from the session, along with menus for selecting polling responses and feedback options.
- The Chat panel, enabling you to send Chat messages to everyone in the room or to Moderators only - you can select individuals and send private Chat messages to individual students or moderators.
- The Main toolbar contains three buttons for switching between the three content modes (Whiteboard, Application Sharing and Web Tour), an Information menu for obtaining session information, and starting the Timer, a Load Content button for loading content into the session and the Record button.
- The Content area is the main presentation window, which is used to load presentations.