Lecture recording and streaming services are provided by AV Services within Information and Communications Technology (ICT). Lectures are recorded using Echo360. After you have recorded a lecture, the recording will appear in your UoS website in the video content area (which is made automatically). This content is hidden from students by default until you make it available to them.
You need to complete the Echo360 online booking form for each lecture time (or repeating series of lecture times).
Echo360 is available to all University staff for lecture recording in enabled venues. Echo360 records anything projected to the lecturer's left hand screen. including the lectern PC, laptop or document camera. The audio and projected image from face-to-face lectures are automatically recorded and processed into a variety of streaming and download media formats. Once the recording is scheduled, the lecturer need only speak near the lectern or lapel microphone and the recording will begin.
Download the Echo360 software
Staff who have access to the LMS can download a copy of Echo360 to record their own videos for teaching by following these steps:
- Log into the university LMS with your UniKey
- Click on Staff tab in the LMS
- Click on the Lecture Recording tab
- Read the instructions and click on the links to download the Echo360 software
- Before you can upload lectures to Echo360 either from a lecture theatre OR from your desktop, you will need to make a lecture booking using the Echo360 lecture booking form