The Grade Centre in the LMS is a dynamic and interactive tool, allowing you to record data, calculate grades, and monitor student progress. You can generate reports, and determine which grades to reveal in My Grades. The Grade Centre interface allows you to:
- manage your students' grades for assignments, tests, discussion posts, journals, blogs, and wikis.
- download submitted assignment files
- download data from surveys or self tests
- create grade columns for any activities you want to grade, such as special projects, participation, or attendance
- assess statistics and question analysis information for tests and surveys
- create smart views of groups of students
- email groups or smart views (sub-sets of students in your class)
- download excel spreadsheets of graded marking
- return assessment feedback to students via audio files, docs, pdf or comments
Grade centre updates
Blackboard has made several improvements to grading and Grade Centre in the latest update:
- Define 'Score Attempts Using' settings from the 'Options' page – a workflow improvement to make multiple attempts simpler to grade.
- Tests – You can now adjust the test totals when a test has been taken by students. You have more control over Grade Centre fields that are auto-summed from tests.
- Instructors can adjust the total points possible while maintaining the integrity of the test.
- Grading Schemas – allow for schema percentages to be greater than 100%
- My Grades for students – students can change the order in which grades are displayed.