Help and support
Help information about the LMS and SEAMS, and how to integrate various software services into your LMS website is also available from the Staff tab in the University LMS.
- All staff can access the LMS with their staff UniKey
- Request a new website or duplicate a previous website through SEAMS
- Add staff and students through SEAMS to your website
- How to use the Student View (see the LMS as a student would)
- How do I edit what notifications and emails I receive?
Create an assignment or download your submitted assignments
- Create a Turnitin Assignments
- Tests or surveys with images, audio and advanced feedback
- Recorded lecture streaming booked through Echo360 (EchoCentre)
- Set up a Collaborate room
- Discussion boards, and course or student blogs
- What software or plugins are availble for use with the LMS?
Announcements about upcoming outages and LMS bugs are posted in the LMS. Regular email reminders are sent to all active SEAMS users prior to each semester regarding A2A deadlines. Instructors will receive emails when access for students to their teaching websites is about to end, and again when those websites are about to be archived. Keep up-to-date on the latest updates and tips on using the University LMS by joining our staff eCommunity in the LMS.
Educational designers are available through the Sydney eLearning helpdesk to discuss the design and integration of software services into websites. They can also help with queries about the administration and use across the range of enterprise elearning systems. E.g: LMS (Blackboard), SEAMS, Echo360, Collaborate, ePortfolios (PebblePad).
eLearning systems and tools
If you would like to find out more about the diverse suite of elearning systems and tools available at the University of Sydney and how these can be intergrated into your curriculum, please see our Standards for Virtual Learning Space page for more information.