What do I need to do?
- create a website
- allow access to a website for colleagues, tutors or auditors
- check start dates, end dates and enrolled cohorts for a website
To actually develop the content of your website you need to log into the University LMS.
Follow the steps in the chart below to navigate a website's workflow.
Six weeks before semester create your site in SEAMS
- Decide what type of website There are three types of sites you can request: Uos website - A curriculum resource for one or two uos cohorts for a specific academic session with automatic enrolment for each nominated cohort.Generic site - A curriculum resource for three or more uos cohorts, a program cohort or a curriculum resource not associated with a particular academic session.eCommunity - A site to provide resources in contexts not related to specific units of study and containing no assessment.you need
- Log into SEAMS and begin the website request process. Click to see illustrated instructions for requesting a site. Note this will open a new window.
- Remember under 'template' choose either an empty default website or choose to re-use content from an existing uos website.
- Log in to SEAMS now
Complete site development in the University LMS
Submit your Application to Activate (A2A) in SEAMS by the deadline
- An 'Application to Activate' or A2A must be submitted, processed and approved for your website before your students will gain access.
- To submit an A2A you must log in to SEAMS.
- To ensure your A2A is approved before the date required take note of any announcements and emails from Sydney eLearning, specifying the deadline.
- For information about the quality assurance process and the A2A form, please look here.
Maintain your site in the LMS
During semester you will probably modify your uos website. Some typical tasks include posting announcements, adding new content, accessing the grade centre and moderating discussions.
SEAMS will Archive your site
Every uos website is active for a specified teaching period. You can check your website date settings in SEAMS. You will be automatically notified one week before your site reaches the access end date (when students will no longer see the site) and then again when the site reaches the archive date (when instructors will no longer see the website). You can ask the helpdesk to make your website visible again at any time after the archive date.