Broken links in UoS website
Some times a link in a UoS website may fail to open the webpage, PDF or document. You may receive one of the following messages:
Page not found - 404 errors
- Google the link name to find the website independently.
- Contact your lecturer to notify them of the problem, and ask for the correct link/file.
- Contact the Sydney eLearning Helpdesk and choose the 'Broken link' option. Remember to explain where the link is in the UoS website. We will contact your lecturer and repair the link. Once the link is fixed, we will email you to let you know.
- Check the list of plugins needed to use the university LMS and ensure your plugins are up-to-date.
- Check your plugins to see if they are up-to-date. Update if necessary.
Red error on page
Sometimes a link will show a 'Contact your system administrator' message in a red bar. Contact the eLearning Helpdesk and let us know the UoS code and where the error occurred.