Turnitin in the LMS
Your unit of study coordinator will advise in your uos outline if Turnitin submission of your assignment is required.
How to submit your Turnitin assignment
Submitting a paper by single file upload:
- Start by clicking on the Turnitin assignment link
- Select single file upload from the choose a paper submission
- You have a choice to upload a file from: your computer/drive OR use Dropbox /Google Drive
- Click one of the submission buttons and then select the file you would like to upload
- Fill in the submission title field with the title
- Click upload to upload the file. A status bar will appear displaying the upload progress
- Review the preview panel. This is a text only version of the paper being uploaded. Confirm it is the correct version of the file to send
- Click the Submit button
- NOTE: This step must be completed, or the submission is not finished.
- Wait for the 'digital receipt' screen to appear. This is the confirmation that your assignment has been uploaded.
Proof of submission - Turnitin digital receipt
After the assignment submission has been completed a digital receipt will displayed on screen. A copy is also sent via email to your student university email address. It is your responsibility as a student to either check your student email, or ensure that it is forwarded to an email address you check regularly.
Alternatively, you can save the digital receipt straight from the assignment inbox as shown below.
- Select the download button in the assignment inbox
- Select 'Digital' receipt from the dropdown list to download it to your computer
Save a copy of the downloaded digital receipt and/ the email that you receive, as proof of a completed assignment submission.
If you have any problems submitting your assignment, please contact the eLearning Helpdesk immediately.