Turnitin in the LMS
Your unit of study coordinator will advise in your uos outline if Turnitin submission of your assignment is required.
How to submit your Turnitin assignment
Submitting a paper by single file upload:
- Start by clicking on the Turnitin assignment link
- Select single file upload from the choose a paper submission
- You have a choice to upload a file from: your computer/drive OR use Dropbox /Google Drive
- Click one of the submission buttons and then select the file you would like to upload
- Fill in the submission title field with the title
- Click upload to upload the file. A status bar will appear displaying the upload progress
- Review the preview panel. This is a text only version of the paper being uploaded. Confirm it is the correct version of the file to send
- Click the Submit button
- NOTE: This step must be completed, or the submission is not finished.
- Wait for the 'digital receipt' screen to appear. This is the confirmation that your assignment has been uploaded.
Proof of submission - Turnitin digital receipt
After the assignment submission has been completed a digital receipt will displayed on screen. A copy is also sent via email to your student university email address. It is your responsibility as a student to check your student email, or to ensure that it is forwarded to an email address you check regularly. Save the digital receipt and/ the email that you receive, as this is proof of a completed assignment submission.
If you have any problems submitting your assignment, please contact the eLearning Helpdesk immediately.