External Funding Opportunities
Visit the Funding for Fellowships section of the University's Research Office website. There are extensive lists of funding options for Academics to visit an overseas research institution, as well as funding options for Academics to visit Sydney University.
(There are currently no Fellowships to announce)
- The NHMRC Funding Calendar lists the opening and closing dates for NHMRC funding schemes.
- NHMRC International Human Frontier Science Program. The Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) supports international and interdisciplinary collaborations in basic research, focusing on complex mechanisms of living organisms. Australia is a member through the NHMRC. Fellowships normally open in June and close in August/September.
Particular emphasis is placed on:
- bringing scientists together from a range of fields such as physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, bioinformatics, nanoscience and engineering together with biologists;
- supporting novel, innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to understanding complex biological systems; and
- supporting scientists early in their careers.
The University's Research Office website contains links to International Granting Agencies and schemes.
Clive & Vera Ramaciotti Foundation - General Awards
Applications are invited for grants from groups or individuals undertaking biomedical research within universities, public hospitals, medical research institutes or other institutes approved by the Trustee. Applications are invited for two types of grants. They are: a) Establishment Grants and b) Equipment Grants. Please ensure you read the Guidelines carefully, as requirements for each grant application are different. Please note: there has been significant change to the Equipment Grants.
Complete guidelines and the online application form are available from: http://www.perpetual.com.au/campaigns/ramaciotti_ramaciotti_home.aspx