Faculty of Engineering & Information Technologies Alumni Awards
Our graduates make extraordinary contributions to the University, their profession and their communities both locally and on the international stage. The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies' annual Alumni Awards recognise and celebrate these remarkable achievements.
The Faculty's Alumni Awards program complements those awards already established by the University of Sydney. A selection of our 2014 Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies Alumni Award recipients will be entered into the nomination process for the University of Sydney Alumni Awards in 2015.
Alumni Award for Community Achievement
For personal contributions that alumni have made to the enrichment of Australian society through their community service.
Alumni Award for International Achievement
For personal contributions that alumni who reside overseas have made to the enrichment of international society through their community or professional service.
Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
For outstanding achievements of alumni in their professional field.
Young Alumni Award for Achievement
For outstanding achievements made by alumni aged 30 and younger (as at nomination closure) to the University, local, Australian or international communities.
Nominations for the 2014 awards close on Friday 29 August
or download a nomination form (pdf).
Nominations for the 2014 awards are open to all graduates and postgraduates of any discipline with the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies. Nominations will be accepted by anyone, as long as they address the selection criteria. The awards will be presented at an event hosted by the Dean in late October 2014.
Selection criteria and eligibility
The following criteria will be taken into consideration by the selection committee:
- Impact of the contribution on the community at large
- Challenge of the work done
- Leadership role(s) undertaken by the nominee
- Commitment by the nominee to serving the community, to teaching and to research
Only alumni (graduates of the Faculty of Engineering and IT, University of Sydney), or Faculty students who have met their degree requirements may be nominated.
Nominations must include:
- The full contact details for both yourself (the nominator) and your nominee
- A brief outline (less than 500 words) of the contributions and achievements which make the nominee worthy of an award, with specific reference to the category of the nomination
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee (2 page limit)
- Documentary evidence, where available or appropriate, of the nominee's achievements and activities. Examples might include media clippings, other recognition etc.
- Additional supporting letters from employers, distinguished alumni and members of the public, academic supervisors and other senior University staff are encouraged. Please note a maximum of three additional supporting letters will be accepted.
- Nominations must be by another person, i.e. you cannot self-nominate.
Kristy White or Claire McCabe
Alumni Relations Managers
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
Room 518, School of Information Technologies Building (J12)
The University of Sydney
|Kristy White||Claire McCabe|
|E: email@example.com||E: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|T: +61 2 9036 9760||T: +61 2 9036 5444|