Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies Alumni Awards 2016
Our graduates make extraordinary contributions to the University, their profession and their communities both locally and on the international stage. The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies' annual alumni awards recognise and celebrate these remarkable achievements.
Access the online nomination form, or download the PDF nomination form for the 2016 Alumni Awards now.
- Alumni Award for Community Achievement
Recognises the impact of contributions alumni have made to the enrichment of Australian society through their personal community service.
- Alumni Award for International Achievement
Recognises the excellence and impact of achievements by alumni internationally.
- Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
Recognises the impact of outstanding achievements of alumni within their professional field.
- Young Alumni Award for Achievement
Recognises outstanding personal and/or professional achievements made by alumni aged 35 and younger* to the University, domestic or international communities.
(* as at the nomination closing date)
Nominations for the 2016 awards
Nominations are open to all Faculty of Engineering and IT alumni. You do not need to be a graduate of the University to nominate for these awards, and all nominations are to remain confidential. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Nominations must be received by 5pm on Friday 20 May 2016.
Access the online nomination form, or download the PDF nomination form.
IMPORTANT: Please download a copy of this PDF to your computer before filling it out as any information entered is not automatically saved in your internet browser.
Selection criteria and eligibility
The values and attributes the selection committee consider especially relevant to these awards are: commitment to excellence in the chosen field of endeavour, integrity, determination, leadership and achievement ‘relative to opportunity’. Additional guidance for nominators.
Nominations must include:
- The full contact details for both yourself (the nominator) and your nominee
- A brief cover letter (less than 500 words) clearly outlining the contributions and achievements which make the nominee worthy of an award
- Additional letter(s) of reference from employers, distinguished alumni and members of the public, academic supervisors and other senior University staff are encouraged. (Maximum of 3 documents)
- Brief curriculum vitae of the nominee (2 page limit), and
- Documentary evidence, where available or appropriate, of the nominee's achievements and activities. Examples might include media clippings, other recognition etc.
Please use the online platform to submit your nomination. Alternatively you may send nominations marked 'IN CONFIDENCE' via hardmail or email to:
Manager, Alumni Engagement
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
Room 518, School of Information Technologies Building (J12)
The University of Sydney
T: +61 2 9036 9760
Please find below some further guidance for the Alumni Awards to assist you in the nomination process. The below are not exhaustive examples of the types of activities which fall under the categories.
- “Community Achievement” may include activities such as volunteering, philanthropy and service to community.
- “International Achievement” includes achievements on the world stage. This could be either a one-off significant impact or an ongoing contribution. This could include both professional and community achievements.
- “Professional Achievement” may include alumni who achieve in industry, professional, and research sectors. This category is very wide in recognising achievements from an individual’s profession.
- “Young Alumni” has a broad scope, and recognises what younger alumni have achieved in their shorter career span. Note the age limit has increased from 30 to 35 at close of entries.