Particulate systems are found in abundance, especially in the pharmaceuticals, minerals, and fine chemicals industries. Research in the LMS is focused on the monitoring and control of particle properties such as particle size. Population balance theory is used to predict the dynamic evolution of these properties.
- Modelling and optimal operation of crystallisation processes
- Applications with high-intensity ultrasound
- Modelling and control of ultrafiltration processes
- Image-based particle characterisation and monitoring
- Microparticle/nanoparticle design