Initial inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or by phoning the Department of Civil Engineering: (02) 9351 2136
Academic, Research and Professional Staff
- Prof Kim Rasmussen is Chairman of CASE and Head of Deaprtment and specialises in the structural analysis and the behaviour of thin-walled steel structures and stainless steel structures.
- A/Prof Stuart Reid is Director of CASE with special expertise in the behaviour and design of reinforced concrete structures, structural reliability and risk analysis, seismic design, and the safety and strength of architectural glazing.
- Prof Greg Hancock is past Chairman and Dean of the Faculty. His special fields are the computer analysis of structures, and the behaviour of thin-walled and cold-formed steel structures.
- Emeritus Professor Nick Trahair is founding chairman of CASE and his special field is that of structural mechanics, particularly the stability of steel structures. His research has been directed toward gaining a greater understanding of the behaviour of structural steel members and frames.
- A/Prof Peter Ansourian specialises in the computer analysis of structures, especially plate and shell structures, silos and bins, and composite structures.
- Dr Tim Wilkinson specialises in tubular steel members and connections, welding and finite element analysis.
- Dr Gianluca Ranzi
- Hon A/Prof Rob Wheen has a special interest in the early conceptual phases of structural design. He has been involved in a wide range of laboratory and field instrumentation and testing of prestressed and reinforced concrete structures.
- Dr John Papangelis specialises in the computer analysis of steel structures, and is the chief developer and manager of the Centre's suite of user-friendly computer programs.
- Dr Mohanad Mursi is the Laboratory Manager, responsible for the day to day management of all testing activities for the Structures group.
- Dr Yaip Telue
- Dr Demao Yang