Max-Span PURLIN is a computer program for the analysis and design of Max-Span Z and C purlins as manufactured by Metalform Structures. The software is very flexible allowing for differing span, loading, bridging and overlap considerations and combinations. Adopted profiles to be analysed for design can be chosen from a library of standard and accepted industry sections.
The user can select purlin configurations from one to twelve spans with cantilevers at either or both ends. Purlin systems with two or more spans can be lapped or unlapped. In addition, up to three rows of bridging can be included in each span. The effects of load height and restraint caused by roof sheeting on flexural-torsional buckling are also taken into account. The structure can be analysed for different combinations of point and uniformly distributed load.
Strength limit state design load capacities for section capacity, flexural-torsional buckling capacity, distortional buckling capacity, shear capacity, combined moment and shear capacity, axial tension and compression capacity, combined axial load and moment capacity, and connection capacity are calculated. A serviceability limit state design load capacity is also calculated.
The results are displayed on the screen as a formatted report and can be saved to a file.
Please note that this software is only available to Australian residents.
Download Setup File
The setup file for Max-Span PURLIN can be downloaded from this web site.
If the user wishes to obtain the program, a site key must be obtained, however commercial arrangements are applicable. To obtain a site key, the user must supply the site code for their computer and you will be contacted regarding the commercial arrangements. The site code is obtained by pressing ENTER when the Max-Span PURLIN splash screen appears after starting the program. When the site key is typed in and Validate is pressed, the user will have a fully licensed copy of Max-Span PURLIN.
To obtain a site key, email your site code to:
Please also include the following information:
Download and setup instructions:-
- The setup files for Max-Span PURLIN are compressed in a file Download MaxSpanPURLINsetup.exe (9.8 Mb).
- Download the file MaxSpanPURLINsetup.exe into a temporary directory.
- Before executing MaxSpanPURLINsetup.exe, all programs on the target computer should be closed.
- Select Run from the Start menu and then select Browse to locate the file MaxSpanPURLINsetup.exe.
- Click OK to execute MaxSpanPURLINsetup.exe.
- The setup program will install the Max-Span PURLIN program files into a directory input by the user.
- The Max-Span PURLIN program file name is PURLIN.exe.
- For Windows NT/2000/XP/7, the user must have administrator privileges to install Max-Span PURLIN.
Please contact Russ Hogan ()
Dr John Papangelis
Phone: 61 2 9351 3837
Fax: 61 2 9351 3343