PRFSA - Plane Rigid Frame Structural Analysis
PRFSA is a user-friendly computer program for predicting the in-plane behaviour of plane rigid frames. The input data for the program includes the geometry of the frame, the section and material properties of the frame elements, and the loading. When a 1st or 2nd order elastic analysis is performed, the program calculates the deformations and stress resultants of the frame. The axial force stress resultant can be used to perform an in-plane buckling analysis of the frame, which calculates the buckling load factor and the corresponding buckled shape. The 1st order elastic-plastic analysis can calculate the progressive formation of plastic hinges in the frame and the corresponding load factor, deformations and stress resultants. The natural vibration analysis calculates the natural frequencies of the frame and the corresponding vibration modes. The steady state analysis calculates the forced vibration response of the frame when the applied loads vary harmonically at a given forcing frequency. The transient analysis calculates the deformations and stress resultants of the frame due to ground excitation and force excitation. The truss analysis can calculate the deformations and axial force stress resultant of the frame by assuming the frame acts as a pin-jointed truss.
Download a Demonstration Copy
A demonstration copy of PRFSA can be downloaded from this web site. The demonstration copy allows the user to execute the program 3 times. The user can inspect the data input and the results output of the program but cannot perform an analysis. Examples are provided in the directory Working, which is a sub-directory of the PRFSA program file directory.
If the user wishes to purchase the program, a site key must be obtained. To obtain a site key, the user must supply the site code for their computer. The site code is obtained by pressing ENTER when the PRFSA splash screen appears after starting the program. When the site key is typed in and Validate is pressed, the demonstration copy of PRFSA becomes a fully licensed copy.
Download and setup instructions:-
- The setup files for PRFSA are compressed in a file RFSAsetup.exe. Download PRFSAsetup.exe (9.7 Mb)
- Download the file PRFSAsetup.exe into a temporary directory.
- Before executing PRFSAsetup.exe, all programs on the target computer should be closed.
- Select Run from the Start menu and then select Browse to locate the file PRFSAsetup.exe.
- Click OK to execute PRFSAsetup.exe.
- The setup program will install the PRFSA program files into a directory input by the user.
- The PRFSA program file name is PRFSA.exe.
- For Windows NT/2000/XP/7, the user must have administrator privileges to install PRFSA.
Single-user licence - $1,000 + GST
Multi-user licence (5 copies) - $2,000 + GST
Information about computer software is available from:
Dr John Papangelis
Phone: 61 2 9351 3837
Fax: 61 2 9351 3343