PURLIN is a computer program for the analysis and design of lipped and unlipped channel, zed and hat section purlins. The sections can be designed with or without roof sheeting attached. Zed sections with roof sheeting can also be designed by modeling the section as an equivalent channel section. Program PURLIN also allows the design of back to back and boxed channels. The program can also design any symmetric or monosymmetric section by the direct strength method.
The section to be designed is chosen from a library of standard sections. This library can be edited by the user so that new sections can be added.
The user can select purlin configurations from one to twelve spans with cantilevers at either or both ends. Zed section purlin systems with two or more spans can be lapped or unlapped. In addition, up to three rows of bridging can be included in each span. The effects of load height and restraint caused by roof sheeting on flexural-torsional buckling are also taken into account. The structure can be analysed for different combinations of point and wind load.
Strength limit state design load capacities for section capacity, flexural-torsional buckling capacity, distortional buckling capacity, shear capacity, combined moment and shear capacity, axial tension and compression capacity, combined axial load and moment capacity, and connection capacity are calculated. In addition, PURLIN allows the option of using the direct strength method of design. A serviceability limit state design load capacity is also calculated.
The results of the purlin analysis and design are displayed on the screen as a formatted report and can be saved to a file.
Download Setup File
The setup file for PURLIN can be downloaded from this web site.
If the user wishes to purchase the program, a site key must be obtained. To obtain a site key, the user must supply the site code for their computer. The site code is obtained by pressing ENTER when the PURLIN splash screen appears after starting the program. When the site key is typed in and Validate is pressed, the user will have a fully licensed copy of PURLIN.
Download and setup intructions:-
- The setup files for PURLIN are compressed in a file PURLINsetup.exe. Download PURLINsetup.exe (9.8 Mb)
- Download the file PURLINsetup.exe into a temporary directory.
- Before executing PURLINsetup.exe, all programs on the target computer should be closed.
- Select Run from the Start menu and then select Browse to locate the file PURLINsetup.exe.
- Click OK to execute PURLINsetup.exe.
- The setup program will install the PURLIN program files into a directory input by the user.
- The PURLIN program file name is PURLIN.exe.
- For Windows NT/2000/XP, the user must have administrator privileges to install PURLIN.
Single-user licence - $2,000 + GST
Multi-user licence (5 copies) - $4,000 + GST
Dr John Papangelis
Phone: 61 2 9351 3837
Fax: 61 2 9351 3343