SupaPurlin is a computer program for the analysis and design of SupaCee purlins manufactured by BlueScope Lysaght. The sections can be designed with or without roof sheeting attached. SupaZed sections with roof sheeting can also be designed by modeling the section as an equivalent SupaCee section. The section to be designed is chosen from a library of standard sections.
The user can select purlin configurations from one to twelve spans with cantilevers at either or both ends. Purlin systems with two or more spans can be lapped or unlapped. In addition, up to three rows of bridging can be included in each span. The effects of load height and restraint caused by roof sheeting on flexural-torsional buckling are also taken into account. The structure can be analysed for different combinations of point and uniformly distributed load.
Strength limit state design load capacities for section capacity, flexural-torsional buckling capacity, distortional buckling capacity, shear capacity, combined moment and shear capacity, axial tension and compression capacity, combined axial load and moment capacity, and connection capacity are calculated. A serviceability limit state design load capacity is also calculated.
The results are displayed on the screen as a formatted report and can be saved to a file.
Please note that this software is only available to Australian residents.
Download Setup File
The setup file for SupaPurlin can be downloaded from this web site.
If the user wishes to obtain the program, a site key must be obtained, however commercial arrangements are applicable. To obtain a site key, the user must supply the site code for their computer and you will be contacted regarding the commercial arrangements. The site code is obtained by pressing ENTER when the SupaPurlin splash screen appears after starting the program. When the site key is typed in and Validate is pressed, the user will have a fully licensed copy of SupaPurlin.
To obtain a site key, email your site code to:
Please also include the following information:
Download and setup instructions:-
- The setup files for SupaPurlin are compressed in a file SP3setup.exe. Download SP3etup.exe (10.4 Mb)
- Download the file SP3setup.exe into a temporary directory.
- Before executing SP3setup.exe, all programs on the target computer should be closed.
- Select Run from the Start menu and then select Browse to locate the file SP3setup.exe.
- Click OK to execute SP3setup.exe.
- The setup program will install the SupaPurlin program files into a directory input by the user.
- The SupaPurlin program file name is PURLIN.exe.
- For Windows NT/2000/XP/7, the user must have administrator privileges to install SupaPurlin.
Please contact BlueScope Lysaght ()
Dr John Papangelis
Phone: 61 2 9351 3837
Fax: 61 2 9351 3343