THIN-WALL is a user-friendly computer program for calculating the section properties and stresses in thin-walled cross-sections of general geometry. The program calculates the section properties, sectorial coordinate, and the longitudinal and shear stresses for the cross-section. THIN-WALL can also perform an elastic buckling analysis of thin-walled structures subjected to longitudinal stress. The structure being analysed may be a folded plate system, a stiffened plate or a thin-walled structural member but it must be uniform in thickness in the longitudinal direction and simply supported at its ends. The longitudinal edges may be simply supported, clamped or free along the full length of the plate system. The analysis can be done for a number of different buckle half-wavelengths of the structure and the load factor and buckled shape are output for each length.
Download a Demonstration Copy
A demonstration copy of THIN-WALL can be downloaded from this web site. The demonstration copy allows the user to execute the program 3 times. The user can inspect the data input and the results output of the program but cannot perform an analysis. Examples are provided in the directory Working, which is a sub-directory of the THIN-WALL program file directory.
If the user wishes to purchase the program, a site key must be obtained. To obtain a site key, the user must supply the site code for their computer. The site code is obtained by pressing ENTER when the THIN-WALL splash screen appears after starting the program. When the site key is typed in and Validate is pressed, the demonstration copy of THIN-WALL becomes a fully licensed copy.
Download and setup instructions:-
- The setup files for THIN-WALL are compressed in a file TWsetup.exe. Download twsetup.exe (10.0 Mb)
- Download the file TWsetup.exe into a temporary directory.
- Before executing TWsetup.exe, all programs on the target computer should be closed.
- Select Run from the Start menu and then select Browse to locate the file TWsetup.exe.
- Click OK to execute TWsetup.exe.
- The setup program will install the THIN-WALL program files into a directory input by the user.
- The THIN-WALL program file name is TW20.exe.
- For Windows NT/2000/XP/7, the user must have administrator privileges to install THIN-WALL.
Download a Tutorial
A tutorial of THIN-WALL can also be downloaded from this web site. This tutorial shows a step-by-step guide on how to use the program. The tutorial can be run from within THIN-WALL or independently.
1. Download the file TWtut.exe into the THIN-WALL program directory. Download TWtut.exe (3.3 Mb)
2. Start THIN-WALL and select Tutorial from the Help menu.
Single-user licence - $1,500 + GST
Multi-user licence (5 copies) - $3,000 + GST
Information about computer software is available from:
Dr John Papangelis
Phone: 61 2 9351 3837
Fax: 61 2 9351 3343