Staff Student Liaison Committee
The Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC) provides a relatively informal means for communication between staff and students about the quality of teaching and facilities within the School of Civil Engineering. The functions of the SSLC are to:
- provide an outlet for the expression of students views or concerns about the course or educational facilities;
- establish a platform on which feedback on these concerns can be provided, and on which proposals for improvement can be discussed;
- provide a mechanism for discussion about individual units with members of staff not involved in that unit;
- assist with representative assessment of teaching quality for each unit and across the course as a whole;
- provide student input to School policy decisions; and
- actively promote discussion between staff and students over a range of issues.
Issues discussed by the committee will be conveyed by the Head of School to other members of staff where appropriate.
Students should always feel welcome to make any feedback or give any comments about any aspect of their University experience at any stage. It is acknowledged that some students may feel uneasy discussing some topics with a member of staff, and perhaps their year student representative can approach staff on their behalf. Contact details for staff & student members of the SSLC are given below.
Student Representatives - 2010
John van Rooyen
Extra representatives needed - Volunteers please contact Cynthia Papangelis
Mrs Cynthia Papangelis - Undergraduate Administrative Advisor
Prof Kim Rasmussen - 1st Year Academic Advisor & Head of School
Dr Abbas El-zein - Student Academic Advisor
A/Prof David Airey - Student Academic Advisor, Pro-Head (Undergraduate) and School Director of Learning and Teaching
Dr Tim Wilkinson - Student Academic Advisor
Dr Li Liu - Project Engineering Academic Advisor