BSc BE (Hons) PhD
Honorary Associate Professor
Centre for Advanced Structural Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering, Room 408
Phone: +61 2 9351 2120
Fax: +61 2 9351 3343
Research interests & current/recent research projects
Behaviour, analysis and design of shell structures in the context of silos and tanks. Composite structures of steel and concrete.
- Effect of differential settlement on cylindrical shell structures
- Buckling of shells under external pressure
- Buckling of shells under combined axial load and lateral pressure
- Collapse of shell structures
- Partial interaction in composite beams of steel and concrete
- Ansourian, P., Chapter 6, ‘Cylinders under non-uniform external pressure’, Buckling of Thin Metal Shells, Eds Teng and Rotter, Spon Press, London, UK, 2004, 175-197.
- Ansourian, P., Chapter 14, ‘Buckling failure of structures consisting of curved plates’, Stability of Plated Structures: Analysis and Design, Eds Shanmugam and Wang, Woodhead Publishing Company, London UK (2005, in Print).
- Ansourian, P. Chapter 1.1.14, Vol. 1, 'Structural Integrity Issues in the Mining Industry 'Comprehensive Structural Integrity’, Eds B. Karihaloo, RO Ritchie, I. and I. Milne, Elsevier Oxford UK, 2003, 305-317.
- Jonaidi,M. and Ansourian, P., ' Buckling Behaviour of Closed and Open Top Cylindrical Shells Subjected to Meridional Edge Deformation', in print Proc. 3rd Intl. Conf. on Coupled Instabilities in Metal Structures', Eds. D. Camotim, D. Dubina and J. Rondal, Imperial College Press, Lisbon, Sept. 2000, pp . 411-418.
- Ranzi, G.and Ansourian, P., ‘Partial Interaction Analysis of Multi-Layered Composite Beams’, ICASS’05 ‘Advances in Steel Structures’, Shanghai, China, June 2005, 45-51.
- Ranzi, G. and Ansourian, P., ‘Stiffness analysis of prestressed composite beams with partial shear interaction’, 3rd Intl Symposium on Steel Structures, March 2005, Seoul, Korea, 655-662.
Teaching and Learning
- CIVL2230 Introduction to Structural Concepts and Design
- Formerly, Finite Element Theory and Applications, Composite Structures of Steel and Concrete, Plate and Shell Theory.
Professional Service and Memberships
- Investigation of structural failures
- Proof engineering of structures
- Expert witness to the Supreme Court of NSW
- Member, Standards Australia Committee BD/65, Loads on Bulk Solids Containers