BE (Hons) MScEng PhD
Centre for Advanced Structural Engineering
School of Civil Engineering, Room 413
Phone: +61 2 9351 5215
Fax: +61 2 9351 3343
Research interests & current/recent research projects
Composite steel-concrete structures, reinforced concrete structures, analytical formulations, numerical methods, time-dependent behaviour of concrete, characterisation of light metals, structures subjected to elevated temperatures.
- Behaviour and design of composite steel-concrete members at service conditions.
- Development of analytical and numerical solutions for the modelling of composite steel-concrete beams with partial interaction.
- The influence of high strength concrete to the ultimate response of composite steel-concrete columns.
- Material characterisation of aluminium alloys.
- Gara F, Ranzi G, Leoni G (2006) Displacement-based formulations for composite beams with longitudinal slip and vertical uplift, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 65(8), 1197-1220.
- Gara F, Ranzi G, Leoni G (2006) Time analysis of composite beams with partial interaction using available modelling techniques: a comparative study, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 62, 917-930.
- Ranzi G (2006) Short- and long-term analyses of composite beams with partial shear interaction stiffened by a longitudinal plate, Steel & Composite Structures, 6(3), 237-255.
- Ranzi G, Gara F, Ansourian P (2006) General method of analysis for composite beams with longitudinal and transverse partial interaction, Computers & Structures, 84, 2373-2384.
- Ranzi G, Bradford MA, Composite beams with both longitudinal and transverse partial interaction subjected to elevated temperatures, Engineering Structures, in press.
- Ranzi G, Zona A, A composite beam model including the shear deformability of the steel component, Engineering Structures, in press.
- Wilyman K, Ranzi G, Hadenham C (2005) Design and detailing of an industrial steel structures supporting large storage bins, Proceedings of the Australian Structural Engineering Conference (ASEC2005), Newcastle (Australia) 11-14 September 2005.
- Bradford MA, Filonov A, Hogan T, Ranzi G, Uy B (2006) Strength and ductility of shear connection in composite T-beams, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Steel, Space & Composite Structures, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) 15-17 May 2006.
- Yang H, Zhang S, Ranzi G (2006) Fire resistant behaviour of concrete-filled tubular columns with square cross-sections under three-side fire, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Steel-Concrete Composite and Hybrid Structures (ASCCS’2006), Harbin (China) 12-15 August 2006.
- Dezi L, Gara F, Leoni G, Ranzi G (2006) Slab cracking during composite bridge construction: effectiveness of fractionated castings in controlling this phenomenon, Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges, Montreal (Canada) 23-25 August 2006.
Learning and Teaching
- CIVL2511 Instrumentation & Measurement
- CIVL3235 Structural Analysis
- CIVL4240 Concrete 2
- CIVL4414 Finite Element Analysis
- CIVL5264 Composite Steel-Concrete Structures
Learning and Teaching Projects
- EngSpace – A multimedia WebCT module
School & University Service
- School of Civil Engineering Research Committee, Member
- School of Civil Engineering IT Committee, Member
- Civil Engineering Foundation, Academic Staff Representative
- Courses and Careers Day Organiser
Professional Service and Memberships
- Member, Standards Australia Committee BD-032, Composite Construction.