BSc BE MEngSc PhD DEng
Centre for Advanced Structural Engineering
School of Civil Engineering, Room 442
Phone: +61 2 9451 4874
Fax: +61 2 9351 3343
Research interests & current/recent research projects
Behaviour and design of steel structures, structural stability, flexural-torsional buckling, finite element analysis
- Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures
- On the Design of Damaged Steel Columns
- Bending of Steel Angle Section Beams
- Buckling of Columns with Oblique End Restraints
- Torsion of steel beams
- Flexural Torsional Buckling
- Monorail Beams
- Trahair, NS, Flexural-Torsional Buckling of Structures, E & FN Spon, London, 1993.
- Bradford, MA, Bridge, RQ, and Trahair, NS, Worked Examples for Steel Structures, 3rd ed., Australian Institute of Steel Construction, Sydney, 1997.
- Trahair, NS, and Papangelis, JP, LIMSTEEL 2.2 User’s Manual for the Limit States Design of Steel Structures According to AS4100-1998, Centre for Advanced Structural Engineering, University of Sydney, 1997.
- Trahair, N.S. and Bradford, MA, The Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures to AS4100, 3rd Australian edition, E & FN Spon , London, 1998.
- Trahair, NS, Bradford, MA, and Nethercot, DA, The Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures to BS 5950, Spon Press, London, 2001.
- Trahair, NS, Bradford, MA, Nethercot, DA, and Gardner, L, The Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures to EC3, 4th edition, E & FN Spon , London, 2008.
Professional Service and Memberships
- Member and Co-Chairman (1964-98), Committee BD1 of Standards Australia responsible for AS1250-1968 and AS4100-1990, 1998 codes for the design of steel structures.
- Corresponding Member, Structural Stability Research Council.
- Member of editorial boards for Engineering Structures, Advances in Structural Engineering, and The Structural Engineer.